“Very romantic place - beautiful garden” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Porta San Mamolo

Hotel Porta San Mamolo
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Warszawa
“Very romantic place - beautiful garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Simply I love this place. I spent there one night and I Iwill come back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maluch1
, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Simply We thank you :-) and we are waiting to have you back here again
My Best Regards
Roberto Condello
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Porta San Mamolo for one night in early June.

We arrived to find the staff very pleasant, helpful and happy. Check in was completed efficiently and effortlessly.

Once settled we decided to discover Bologna and found the staff an excellent help in highlighting different areas of the city and even showing us how to get there. They supplied us with an easy to read map and no question was too difficult for them to answer.

The room was clean and as described. Breakfast was included and had everything that a breakfast should.

I must say it is nice to stay at a hotel and find such happy staff.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Friend
Thank you very much for taking your time and give us the pleasure to receive your review,to be onestly its a pleasure for us for different reason,first because its nice to receive a good review,but the most important reason is because our guest remind about the hotel when back home and this is much more important,thats the reason why i coldn't stop to say Thank You Thank You very much.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I booked for nights at Hotel Porta San Mamolo from 5th-9th June on the strength of it's reviews and I can honestly say that the positive comments are well deserved! ALL of the team at the hotel were extremely welcoming, warm and accommodating and helpful. One night when I was feeling ill Augustino brought a pot of tea and a selection of tea bags up to my room. When boarding the plane back to London I realised I had left my keys (including my only car key) in the safe in my room. I called the hotel and Augustino retrieved the keys from the safe and Monica and Elisa kept in great communication with me about sending them back to me in London. Monica even talked me through filling out a form for the courier over the phone! I enjoyed my stay in Bologna, it's a beautiful city, but it was the people I met who made my holiday memorable and I would like to thank them all!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
condelloroberto, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear friend
I want to thank you very much for your words,Im really proud reading your review to be the manager of my employes,Agostino is not just my employe but first he is my friend from many many years he was my teacher when i start to work in the hotels world in a five stars hotel in bologna and i remember how patient he was with me,monica and elisa they only work with me since 2003 :-)they are really good and professionist,we never forget that the protagonist here is the Guest and this make us to do more and more .
hope you feel better now and we all wait for you in Bologna next time
Best Regards
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at Parta San Mamolo on a Saturday night. The location is perfect, and within walking distance from all the attractions Bologna has to offer.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room overlooked the garden and was very pleasant. Breakfast was great and was nice to sit in the garden to have it. We would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kiwichick
Dear friend
thank you for your review,i do hope that you enjoy the garden with a good glass of wine,because if is not like that you must come back and drink a glass of wine together and you ll see that the garden looks even better :-).
again from me and my staff
Grazie
W. Barnstable
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed at this wonderful hotel last week, and was very happy with the location. It is just a 10 minute walk to the main piazza, Piazza Maggiore. The room was large and clean, and the area where breakfast was served was a beautiful garden setting with an old well, and lots of flowers. The staff was so friendly and helpful...I look forward to staying with these fine people next time I am in Bologna, Italy! They are expert at giving directions, recommending restaurants and can hook you up with tours, rental cars, etc..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear Friend
Grazie Mille for thaking your time to send us a review,sorry..... a wonderful review.
we really appreciate it because we are always worry to do our best to make our guest happy,and your review tell us that we are on the right way.
My best Regards