B&B Bologna nel Cuore
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aemilia Hotel(Bologna)
US$ 207
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bologna Airport(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 80
Hotel Maggiore(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
I Portici Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
  • Restaurant
Il Canale Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 151
US$ 141
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Bologna-Fiera(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
HIExpress.com
All reviewsmaria kettypiazza maggiorehomemade jamsthe perfect hoststylish apartmentcakesfascinating citywarm hospitalityrestaurant reservationseach morningparma hamhome from homeyogurtground floorliving roomstayed nightsperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I used to go regularly to Bologna for business reasons. After many positive stays at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, I was impressed that the quality of services continues to improve, which is measured through many small details, that's called excellence! I would recommend a stay at B&B Bologna nel Cuore when in Bologna!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

You are an excellent guest, able to notice and appreciate my effort to improve the quality of my services.
Thank you very much for sharing your feeling with Tripadvisor users!

I'm waiting for you to come back to Bologna nel Cuore!

Reviewed 20 November 2011

So pleased to have found such charming accomodations in a city that won my heart. Maria Ketty (our host) was welcoming, pleasant and more than helpful in making our stay in Bologna one we will never forget. If you have the chance to stay in such an authentic B&B please do so. There really is no better way to experience a local culture than to spend time with someone like Maria Ketty. She has created spaces where you feel at home and she's obviously thought thru the level of quality of each component. I look forward to our next stay in Bologna...soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Sandy,
thank you so much for your nice review!
I'm really happy that you have appreciated your stay in my B&B Bologna nel Cuore and most of all that Bologna has won your heart.
Any time you will decide to come back to Bologna you will be welcome in B&B Bologna nel Cuore!

Arrivederci!

Reviewed 6 November 2011

"The most beautiful sound I've ever heard.Maria, Maria, Maria."
Yes, Bologna is a wonderful city and this B&B is a warmful home and most of all Maria is so beautiful. I fell in love with her. What should I do. Yes, I must come again.
This B&B is located just a few steps from the Piazza Maggiore. The best location to walk around the city. And the rooms are newly refurbished and quite modern in facilities. The breakfast is fantastic and would not let you go out of the house. There is an elevator to help you carry baggages to the first (European sense) floor.
Yes, I surely insist this is one of the best B&B I ever stayed. I must come back again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

What flattering words about me..!! You have been too much generous with your review!
I'm very happy that you enyojed so much your stay in my B&B and your visit to Bologna.
I'm really looking forward to welcome you and your wife again in my beautiful city!
Thank you very much for your contribution on Tripadvisor.

Arrivederci a Bologna!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

For 4 nights, we stayed in the two separate double rooms in the main B&B of Maria's establishment set in an old, characterful building full of other appartments typical of historic centre of Bologna . Everything looked just as described and pictured on her website. Our bedrooms were beautifully appointed and the bathrooms were fantastic - one of us had a bath with handshower and the other had a large shower cubicle. The bedrooms contained huge, modern, stylish wardrobes with internal lighting and full length mirrors on the inner side of the doors. I had a beautiful, spotlit Leonardo da Vinci engraving print on the wall facing my bed . Everything was immaculately clean and well maintained and a nice mix of old and modern. We found that the rooms were quiet at night (if you closed the windows) and the beds comfy.

Over a delightful breakfast, each morning Maria would take time to answer our questions and give pointers of where to eat and go that day.

Maria was most welcoming and her establishment is very easy to get to from the airport and Bologna railway station via the frequent (about 5 an hour) Airport Bus. As you leave the Arrivals Hall, turn right and walk down along the outside of the terminal building to the Airport Bus bus-stop. The trip into the centre of Bologna only takes about 20 minutes and costs 6 euros (paid to the driver). The stop for Maria's is in Via Ugo Bassi - the main road through the city centre with lots of shops including international chains. After you get off the bus, walk 20 yards in the the direction that the bus is going and take the immediate first right which is Via Cesare Battisti. Keeping to the right hand side, walk up the street (passing a huge church on the other side) to Number 29; note that Maria's B&B door bell is somewhere in the middle of large collection of doorbells and names. When you leave to go back to the Airport (or want to get to the railway station), catch the Airport Bus at exactly the same stop as you got off at in Ugo Bassi when you arrived. This is a circular route and on the way back to the airport there is a stop right outside the main entrance to Bologna railway station.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Bologna and at Maria's. Her recommendation to go and eat at Eatitaly, a modernised local bookshop was one of our highlights and cost us about 48 euros but we restricted our drink intake here. Coffee shop on ground floor, light meals with local cheeses,cold meats and local wines taking the floor here, whilst on the top floor there is a restaurant where more substantial meals are available, again made with local produce with a good selection of wines and drinks. But get there early in the evening because even though there is quite a lot of seating, it proved to be a very popular place to eat and/or drink with people soon queuing for tables to become available. We also enjoyed having an evening meal at the smarter Ristorante C'era Una Volta in Via D'Azeglio next to Hotel Roma just off the Piazza Maggiore where we paid 60 euros for the 2 of us for a tasty 2 course meal each, coffee, bottled water and 4 glasses of prosecco.

We loved our trip discovering the delights of Bologna's historic city centre and it was made all the more enjoyable by Maria's welcoming and attentive hosting. Thank you Maria. We hope to come again in the not too distant future. PS how do you work the TV's in the rooms? And sorry we ate nearly all the bowlful of delicious little sweets in our room. Next time we come we want to buy some.

Room Tip: Decide in advance whether a bathroom with a bath or a shower is more important to you. The bath comes with a bedroom with a double bed whilst the shower comes with a bedroom with two single beds.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank marinablue
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear Marinablu,

thank you so much for your detailed review!
I think you are a really perfect traveller and your reviews are very helpful for the travellers who refer to Tripadvisor.

I,m waiting for your next visit to Bologna: I'll show you how the TV works....and the bowl it will be full with the little sweets for you!

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in the newly renovated ground floor apartment in the greatest possible comfort and total peace and privacy. Lovely comfortable bed and smart bathroom, all spotlessly clean, made it well worth the comparatively expensive rate. Signora Ketty has thought of every little thing to make you comfortable and we loved the freedom of having our own front door, kitchen and sitting room. It's really nice to make one's own cup of tea and toast after exhaustive sightseeing. It would have been quite possible to cook and eat there in some considerable luxury if the restaurants had been less tempting.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5TravellersBonA
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

I'm really happy that you enjoied your stay in Bologna in the Topazio apartment of B&B Bologna nel Cuore! Thank ypu very much for having appreciate all my efforts to make the apartment as more comfortable as possible!