“Risotto mmmm!”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Like many other reviewers, this restaurant was recommended by our hotel. We thought of going into the centre, but when it started to rain, we went to this restaurant. We all had a lovely meal, though I think I did best by ordering the risotto al tatufo nero....fantastic!! The children had bolognese and pasta pomodor, which they declared to be the best ever! One tiny problem for my youngest daughter was that they had no fruit juices, she does not like fizzy drinks and so just drank water. As I say a tiny issue, easily fixed, I'm sure.

1  Thank smcorr

Reviewed 21 July 2012

This family run restaurant about 10 minutes walk from the Piazza Maggiore is friendly,welcoming and serves great local food - just what you always hope for in Italy. The first time we went was because it was only a few metres from our hotel and we had endured the madness of the Milan autostrade before making our way to Bologna.

Although we couldn't sit outside because the restaurant was very busy, we were given a nice table inside by the window. The service we received from both the waiting staff was warm and efficient and the waitress explained all the dishes, making suggestions that she felt would suit my wife and I and our teenage daughter.

The various antipasti were delicious and the pasta and main courses of veal escalope were both beautifully cooked and well presented. Portions were large and the waitress said with a smile that she was upset when we couldn't finish everything.

We chose one of the Sangiovese wines that they make and this was the perfect accompaniment to a wonderful meal.

During our stay in Bologna we went to some other great restaurants but went back here on our last night before leaving for home.

I noticed some adverse comments about service on TA and of course this can happen in the best restaurants, however on our first night a woman from Fort Worth was sitting at the next table and she had misunderstood what she was ordering. When she complained, the waitress happily offered to replace it with something else. The American lady said that she realised she had made a mistake so everything was sorted out and a possible difficult situation was resolved - not many restaurants would do this.

Our second visit was just as enjoyable so we can warmly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

2  Thank mixers
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We loved the charming ambiance, the best of classic Italian cooking, and the superb desserts, usually made by the owner. Service was excellent. Go early, or have a reservation; the locals love this upscale but well priced restaurant.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I braved the heat and trekked from the other side of the city and had one of the better meals and experiences in my four days in Bologna. It was truffle night for me after seeing the menu: risotto with truffles. Then I had the carpaccio. Both were very good. I washed it all down with their wine, which was pretty decent. Then when I heard my server had made one of the desserts, I had to give that a try. It was very good as well. The service was great and they made me feel welcome. I definitely would go back.

Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

We ate here our first night in Bologna & enjoyed it so much we came back for our last night. It was a highlight of our holiday! Do try the wine - Conde - from the families own vineyard!
In between went to Florence, Verona & Venice choosing many of the places we ate from Tripadvisor!