“Excellent hotel, top service!!”

Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Tarxien, null, Malta
“Excellent hotel, top service!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel is top of the range!! Really nice rooms, excellent service and an awesome breakfast!! Staff is very helpful and they speak english well :) highly recommended!!
It is about 40 minutes away from the station by bus but it's not a big problem, They provide a free shuttle service to the station so that's a bonus. When we were there it was snowing so the shuttle service was cancelled but we still managed to go round :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
cosmopolitandir, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest,
i would like to thank you very much for your nice and kind review. I am really happy to know that your experience in our hotel was as good as you expected. There is no better reward for our staff and myself than our guests satisfaction.
I do hope to see you back at Cosmopolitan in your eventual next trip to Bologna
Take care and have a wonderfull day
Best Regards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Victoria, Malta
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here only for one night. Modern, very nice rooms, free wifi, very close to the autostrada and airport. Great

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
cosmopolitandir, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guet,
I have really much appreciated your review. I am happy to know that your experience was good and that you felt satisfied on what you expected from us
I hope to see you soon back in Bologna and why not, at The Cosmopolitan
Have a wonderfull day
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here in transit to Rome and it was a nice experience. 10 minute drive into the center and nice base for exploring Bologna. Easy in and out to the autostrada as well.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank serving4theking_11
cosmopolitandir, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear Guest,
I am happy to read that your experience at the Cosmopolitan was good and that you found it comfortable.
I hope that in your next trip to Italy you will come to visit Bologna and stay a bit longer as far as it is a very beautifull city to spend some days in. And why not... staying at Cosmopolitan again
Have a wonderfull 2012
Porto Alegre
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Positive: really nice staff; tremendously comfortable and clean rooms; free van service to get and take people from and to the station or downtown; they even have a water boiler and tea bags in the room; perfect heating; excellent shower; great breakfast; I could go on and on...

Negative: It's a bit far from downtown, but they offer the van service for free at determined hours. Once we had to get a train earlier than the first van, we left the hotel by taking a bus, which was only one, directly to the train station, the bus stop was near the hotel and the staff girl explained all that we had to do. So, actually, not much of a negative point.

Comments: I've stayed in Italy for 6 nights and I'm really glad I could sleep in this hotel for two of these nights. Best hotel ever, and for a fair price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
I have really much appriciated your review. Me and the entire staff our proud to have been one of your best choice during your trip to Italy and we would like to thank you for sharing it with other trip advisor users.
Have a wonderfull 2012
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed for five days between Christmas and the New Year and was thoroughly delighted with this hotel.

The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable, although the heating/aircon was a little noisy at night. The bathroom was elegant and supplied with attractive courtesy items; the shower was very powerful.

Breakfast, although the same each morning, was plentiful and offered cold meats and cheese, cereals, fruit, pastries and yoghurt, as well as sausages, bacon, eggs and mushrooms. The restaurant was closed for two days while I was there (it being Christmas) so I only had dinner once, but I had a very nice meal with drinks included at a reasonable price.

The distance from the city centre has been remarked on in other reviews. Taxi fares to and from the centre are not cheap. However, the free shuttle service the hotel offers is very efficient - although I personally could have done with a pickup time somewhere in between the 19:45 (too early if you want to have dinner in town) and the 23:45 (pretty late to be hanging round).

The main comment I want to make is that the staff were unfailingly polite, cheerful, friendly and helpful. I had no sense of how busy the hotel was (it seems pretty big) but I felt that all the staff at reception and in the restaurant and bar made a real effort to engage in a friendly way, and to treat me not just as a customer but as a guest.

This was my first visit to Bologna, and I would without hesitation return to this hotel for any future visit. Auguri/best wishes for a great 2012 to all at Hotel Cosmopolitan Bologna!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank meaningofliff
Dear Guest,
first of all I would to thank you personally for your good review.
I understand that for our guests who stays here for more the a few days, a change of the breafast items would be much appriciated. We are working on that and probably within this year we might change this policy. This will also be concerning the shuttle service. We are collecting all the advises given by our guests about the time table and we probably will be able to change it.
Hope to see you back soon to the Cosmopolitan
Have a wonderfull 2012. Best wishes