“Best Tour Ever”

US$ 311.47*
Two Ferrari Museums Modena and Maranello, Balsamic Vinegar and Gourmet Lunch
Ranked #1 of 35 Food & Drink in Bologna
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Days Food Experience daily FOOD TOURS. Parmigiano Reggiano factory, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Organic Winery, Gourmet Lunch 8 courses planed on the Hills of Bologna with fantastic view on the valley..Wine Tours, Truffle Hunting,Car Museums Tour Lamborghini Ferrari Pagani
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife was Leary about spending over $350 for the two os for a group tour. At the end of the day, she thought it was money well spent. Allesandro is very knowledgeable and quite a performer yet is couteous and personable as well. They picked us up on time at our hotel, even phoning the evening before to let us know they would ome 10 minutes later than originally planned.and at the end of the day dropped us (and our luggage) at the train station. He had even looked up when the train left and gave us a recommendation for a nearby cafe to kill the extra time. The factory tours were informative and took us much closer to the action than one ever gets in the US. But we really felt we got our money's worth at the "light lunch". It took place at an agtritourisimo in the hills outside Bologna and consisted of multiple delicious courses (with extra helpings offered for each) and at least 5 wines, again with no limit on how much you wanted to drink. Overall, a highlight of our trip to Italy that I would highly recommend.

1  Thank frankb357

Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a fantastic way to spend a day sampling the best of Bologna! I write this lying on my hotel bed about to burst from the 'light' lunch provided! Alessandro is the most charismatic and knowledgable guide you could ask for and he has a real passion for the food and wine in Bologna. My wife & I would whole heartedly recommend spending a day with Alessando, it will be an experience to savor and one you and your stomach won't forget. Thanks very much Alessandro - Adrian & Nadia

1  Thank Adrian W
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I must admit I cannot compare it to others, but our full day food tour with Alessandro simply could not be better. There is nobody with more knowledge, energy and charm than Alessandro. The tour is planned perfectly from beginning to end. From the early morning arrival of milk for the cheese, the processing of the famous Modena balsamic vinegar and ham to the conclusion with the "light" lunch (what a joke!!) at a local vineyard/trattoria. It was a day and an experience that will not be forgotten.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

As many others have commented here, we completely enjoyed this food-centered experience. Our tour guide, Alessandro, was extremely knowledgeable, energetic, enthusiastic, and fun, making this a very special day for us, and probably was the highlight of our 2-week visit to Emilia-Romagna. I absolutely recommend this tour to anyone who loves food and is interested in how some of the world's most delicious cheese, ham, and balsamic vinegar are made. The after-tour "light lunch" was fabulous, too, if not a bit bacchanalian. You should definitely make your reservations early, as it's an extremely popular tour.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I was actually quite stressed about taking this trip as it was so expensive! Fortunately, we had a fabulous day and in comparison to what we have paid for similar tours in other places, (e.g. afternoon wine tours in France), I thought it was great value. Especially when you consider that I don’t think the places we visited could be visited independently, you get driven around, you have Alessandro as your guide, you visit some small places and have a fantastic lunch with wine. We got picked up at 7am and got dropped off around 5pm - a proper full day's tour!

I learnt a tremendous amount about parmesan, balsamic vinegar and the Modena ham and got to meet some interesting people who were also on our tour. Alessandro was amazing, passionate, entertaining and really knew his stuff. Lunch at the winery was very good. There were also tastings along the way in each place we visited with an opportunity to buy produce at each place too which was good, (no hard sell tho so there was no pressure to buy).

Would highly recommend! (do take a jacket for the ham bit tho - parts of it are freezing in there!)