See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Ideale overnight en route back home after a week in Tuscany. The staff was very helpful and kind, enduring our weak Italian skills. We were 'upgraded' to a room that was more like an apartment. If only we could have stayed a few days to enjoy it better.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the hotel-apartment rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed 4 nights in Ideale Bologna. During my arrival, a woman that cant speak english in the reception tried to get rid of me although my company booked.
Then a man came called Bruno, he was more friendly and more intelligent. What I recently understood was hotel is divided into 2. And I was going to stay in the 2nd part of hotel which is abou 500 meters to 1st one.
It was very central and ok rooms but you needed to share bathroom and toilet with the whole corridor. Isolation is very bad, each time somebody goes into toilet, you hear all the details. Each time a bus drives by, my windows shaked like an earthquake.
I had problems with falling aslepp all my stay.

It was clean but far from being comfortable and peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Clean and good sizes room but with the usual tiny shower. Out of the historical centre but close to the bus. Helpful staff that were helpful and friendly. On the downside you could hear everyone walking up the stairs and noises from above. Great value for the price

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel was ideal. very close to the old town and train station. The owners have water for guests which was a nice touch. The room was clean and secure. Very quiet neighborhood. Bathroom was a little small especially the shower area, although it was clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOENNE1017
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Tiny hotel but rooms are quite big and basic. We landed quite late at night and when we arrived at the hotel, it looked really dodgy from the outside. However,the owner was really helpful and he even offered a lift to the train station in the morning, which we refused as it was a 10-15 minute walk...
I would recommend it for a couple of nights only.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family