1,125 results
All reviewspool areamain buildingbeautiful agriturismole marchegreat poolan oasisnorthern partmemorable experiencemany wayswide selectionfood winefarm buildingsbeautiful surroundingsmin drivewonderful staythree nightspublic areas
Reviewed 12 August 2017

A beautiful location, elegant rooms, and warm staff. The walk through the vineyards to dinner at their lakeside restaurant was stunning. The pool is beautiful, with a relaxed vibe. We travelled with six adults and a small baby, and were thoroughly looked after. We even had our car breakdown the morning we left, and the staff were kind enough to fix it and send us happily on our way!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Fabio C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Urbino Resort - Tenuta Santi Giacomo e Filippo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Stephanie F,
thank for the nice words... please come back soon to visit us!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Beautiful agriturismo / resort, in the middle of a valley between own vineyards. Resort with all facilities, nice swimming pool and also fantastic restaurant with beautiful waterfront terrace. Everything on its own 350 hectares of terrain. A lot of rest. Extensive breakfast with friendly service. Nice location for visiting surroundings, including Urbino, but also the coast with coast places with beaches like Pesaro, Fano and Senigallia (Beach club Terraza Marconi is excellent)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Pieter1st
Thanks for the nice comment: we are happy you enjoyed your stay in italy. All the staff hopes see you soon back.
kind regarsds

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I am a local by birth, but I live in the US, and every year I return to visit my family I spend some time in a spa in the area. It was the first time my wife and I have stayed at Urbino Resort. It was a wonderful experience. The resort is 100% organic, located among the hills, surrounded by vineyards and a beautiful scenery. The rooms are very nice, clean, comfortable; the restaurant is exceptional; the spa itself is very beautiful; the pool area very scenic. Overall, it deserves the high ratings it has. There is really not a single negative aspect I can think of except for one: it allows smoking in the public areas, including the pool, the outdoor patio of the restaurant and even near the spa. When I go to a 100% organic spa, I do not want to sit near people who smoke, ever. If I am enjoying wonderful wines and foods, or sit by the pool to rest, I do not want to smell smoke. When I get out of the spa, all relaxed and smelling very nicely, I do not want to smell smoke. I may sound excessively harsh, but this resort should be 100% smoke-free. This was the only negative thing in an otherwise perfect oasis. I hope I will return to this resort in the future, but I hope smoke will no longer be part of the experience.

Stayed: August 2017
Fabio C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Urbino Resort - Tenuta Santi Giacomo e Filippo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear salvadorb2
thank you for the nice comment. I'm totally agree with you: the resort should be 100% smoke-free., but we can't decide for the people at open air...
Please come back visit us soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

When I was told we were booked into an "agriturismo" I expected rustic and basic. Nothing could be further from the truth! This place is a real gem and after 4 days here we are already discussing how long we would stay next time.

The resort is in a valley about 15-20 min drive from Urbino. We didn't have sat nav so it can be tricky to find the right road out of Urbino...basically if you are coming from the South, head for the hospital and when you pass it on your right, head straight over the roundabout onto the Montefabbri road. After several kilometers, there's a sign at a left turn to the resort - easy to miss as it's just after a bend.

The location is simply wonderful with beautiful views in every direction. The pool is in an ideal place to lie, doze and gaze at the views....depending on the other guests! As some other reviews mentioned, it can get a bit noisy when there are families/big groups, but it can depend on the day, sometimes we had the place to ourselves too. I would also recommend taking walks by the river (map from the reception) to enjoy the whole estate. Also, the 1km walk down to the restaurant is lovely (note it's uphill on the way back, but good to burn the calories you'very just consumed!)

We had a deluxe apartment (Corbezzolo) in the Forgotten Fruits building. Nice and close to the pool. It have a lovely big dining/ kitchen (though minimal equipment - take a sharp knife and cutting board if you want to make anything substantial). There's also a large sofa bed in that room. There's a separate double with mezzanine twin bedded floor (although separate stairs to access it means that double not private). The apartment (and indeed the whole estate) is very tastefully decorated in a vintage style without it feeling old fashioned. Note - the bed was short (my feet were off the end and I'm not tall) so probably 6'.

Breakfast is a wonderful affair with a wide buffet of organic food. For lunch you can also order food at the little bar - v limited choice...mixed salad or filled creschia, unfortunately served on paper plates with plastic throw away cutlery (surprisingly not very environmentally friendly). For evening meal (except Tuesdays when closed) you can walk down to the restaurant (Urbino del Laghi) which has a modern twist on Italian food (delicious but if you are there for any length of time you might yearn for something simple...but they seemed open to requests for simple pasta dishes from residents)

The spa is in a beautiful building (purpose built?) and according to my husband, the thaI massage was very good.

All in all a wonderful stay and we hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Fabio C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Urbino Resort - Tenuta Santi Giacomo e Filippo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear MPL1
I'll use for sure your description in our brochures, because it is complete and well descriptive. Come back soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I was fortunate to have been booked to stay as part of business travel in the Urbino area. This is the Italy that most Americans do not experience. The resort is situated in a beautiful valley and the grounds are expertly maintained. The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable. I appreciate the commitment to organic products and food and applaud the efforts of the ownership for doing so. The meals and service from the staff were impeccable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fabio C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Urbino Resort - Tenuta Santi Giacomo e Filippo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear woquinn
thank for the nice comment! In efefct our valley is beautiful and overall, the wide organic valley in europe!
For us the organic is first of all a way to live and to host!
Come back soon