See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hostel for two nights , we were put in a 4 bunk dorm ( although nobody else turned up ). In this room there was bad wifi connection, no locks for baggage , no air conditioning nor fly screens ( so mosquito spray was a necessity ) and the hostel was overall dirty. The location of this is opposite the train station but a 25 minute walk into the centre and ferry port, we found the area quite rough and we had an unpleasant stay. In saying this the staff were very friendly!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2016

I was staying at the hostel for one night before I took the ferry. The hostel is just around the corner from the train station. The lady at the desk was very friendly. She even let me use her phone so I could reconfirm my booking for the ferry.
I was in a female dorm with three beds. The rooms were clean, so were the sheets for the bed. The showers and toilet were clean and working as well. The hostel has wifi with good speed. There is enough storage room in the cupboard and additional blankets. During the day I could leave my luggage with them. They take bags with valuables (laptops ...) in a room behind the counter.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

One night was all we were after, we booked ostello very late and no suprise that so many beds were free. After arriving on the ferry from Split, early at 9am we were told that our rooms would be ready at 12pm (fair enough). Come 12pm and we were told 2pm, and so this continued until 3.30, finally we got our room. Customer service has never been heard of here in Ostello, with the staff very grumpy and snappy. Please for the love of god don't go there!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Harryhh95
Reviewed 8 August 2013

For one night this hostel was great. The woman who checked us in at the reception was friendly. The hostel has its own kitchen which was clean so you can cook food, wifi in available in the communal area. I stopped in a 4 bedroom all girls dorm and my boyfriend stopped in a 4 bedroom boys dorm. Bathrooms seemed to be clean, no towel provided and you have to make your own bed with sheets provided. The night staff weren't very friendly. Great location from the port and train station

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed for only one night at the hostel after arriving on the ferry from Greece. The main reason I went there was the (for Italy) very low price of 18 Euros a night. And I wasn't disappointed at all.
Reception was really friendly, even giving me a map and helping me to find a few supermarkets in the area. However, their English wasn't very good.
The dorm (six beds, girls only) was clean with enough space to store my belongings. Due to the lack of A/C it was a bit hot but luckily cooled down during the night.
Bathrooms were shared with separate toilets / showers for ladies and gents. Bathrooms, too, were clean enough for me though they've clearly seen better days.
There is a kitchen with a bit of a lack of tools. But other than that it's clean and with supermarkets nearby a cheap alternative to restaurant fare.
There is free WiFi and a TV in the communal area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo