“Cancellation Without Notice”

Rome Walks
Ranked #146 of 893 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rome Walks Limited is an English language company devoted to helping the busy traveler make the most out of their visit to the Eternal City. With more than 4.5 million residents, Rome can seem quite intimidating and chaotic. With our expert knowledge and advice we can help visitors escape this chaos and confusion with our carefully designed group and private tours. With a maximum of 10 clients per walk, Rome Walks enables you to experience what the Romans call "la bella città"!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 1 June 2017

My wife, myself, and parents-in-law had a private tour of BORGHESE Gallery in Rome. We were really looking forward it was the first time my parents-in-law have visited and the last time my wife and I visited we did not get a tour. We booked with Rome Walks directly because the Tour company was recommended by Rick Steves of PBS. We paid in advanced 3 months in advance and confirmed the booking several weeks after the money was received. We waited 10 min at the designated located before I called the Tour company. The phone operator was very nice but noted that the Company was located in Australia and no management could be reached. She also indicated that the Tour was cancelled a week in advanced and thought I was informed and money refunded. I told her that I was not informed and checking my email I saw an email from RomeWalks 18 min. prior to the tour time. The BORGHESE Gallery tickets are sold out for weeks in advanced so there was no way to book tickets, hence why we setup a tour with reservations. Tours get cancelled however I would expect that customers are notified well in advanced. Also when a tour is confirmed I assumed the tickets were purchased. This was not true. Not only was our time wasted on our vacation but my parents-in-law missed the one opportunity to view this amazing gallery. Unacceptable!!

3  Thank Ralph C
"pope"
"explanation"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We did the Colosseum and Forum Tour with Maria. It was supposed to be a group tour; however, there wasn't anyone else signed up so we got a private tour, which was a plus. We were really looking forward to this tour to learn all about the history of the area and we had a great tour the night before with Alex during our twilight tour. This company had also been recommended by family members and friends. Although Maria did provide some good information, she was on her cell phone constantly during the tour and didn't show much enthusiasm for the subject. There were also long periods of silence when we felt she could have given us some more background information to help us better understand Roman history. She seemed to just explain the structures we were seeing and didn't really give any backstory. We asked some questions, which she answered, but it was hard to know what to ask because we didn't get great explanations originally. We were really disappointed and my husband who usually doesn't have a negative thing to say agreed. I feel that we would have been better off with the audio tour.

5  Thank lorita688
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We were looking for a small group tour of the Vatican Museums and choose this company based on the recommdation of others and I can only recommend it myself. Expecting to be part of a small group, we were pleasantly surprised to find we were the only ones on the tour. We very much enjoyed our " private tour" with Alessandro who is very knowledgeable and guided us well through the Museum. Unfortunately the Pope decided to go to church the very same day, or maybe fortunately. the hour we were supposed to spend seeing St Peters Basilica had to be spend at the museum. I know it was heartbreaking, to have to spend more time at the museum. One can easily spend 4 hours and still not see everything. Alessandro made the time fly by and we thoroughly enjoyed his tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank italia204
RomeWalks, General Manager at Rome Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to review us.
We are very pleased that Alessandro was able to keep you entertained on your "private tour". All our walks run with a minimum of 2 people.
We hope to see you again.

with kindest regards

Rome Walks Team

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We spent three days with Maria Elena. She was incredibly knowledgeable and really brought Rome to life. First day was a 4 hour tour including colosseum, forum and pantheon. Next day was Borghese gallery. Third day was shopping. She showed us places that we would have never found on our own. She was fun to be with and very nice. She was an expert at navigating the crowds, we never waited in any line. She picked us up at our hotel so no problems finding her offsite. The shopping was incredible- she knows local artisans with beautiful jewelry, purses and perfume. My husband and I agree that this was our best trip and that's largely because of Maria Elena!

1  Thank Stedmans
RomeWalks, Owner at Rome Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you for the great feedback and for taking the time to review us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed Maria Elena's style of guiding. Our guides are all licensed art historian or archeologist who are hand picked for their passion and eloquence.
We hope to be able to design another customized tour for you in Rome or any other Italian city.

with kindest regards

Rome Walks Team

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Our travel agent, Becky, at Beach Bum Vacations, booked all of our tours in Rome with Rome Walks. We weren't sure what to expect but after witnessing the other options around us, we knew that Rome Walks is by far the best way to tour Rome! All of of guides were extremely passionate and knowledgeable about the tours they gave. Simone especially was AMAZING. He took us, along with two other couples, through the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. He made it more of an experience than a tour. Through his story telling and descriptions, we were able to visualize what it would have been like to live during the days when the Colosseum and the Roman Forum were at their peak. We have friends who visited Rome a year before us, and they were somehow underwhelmed by the Colosseum. It was our favorite tour by far and we'd like to thank Simone for making it that way!
Our other tours with Rome Walks were great as well, but i'm getting long-winded. They are worth the price because of the personalization and small groups. The small groups mean that you can talk with the tour guide like they are a well informed friend, instead of having to follow a person with a flag around, listening to a headset, with 50 other people.
Do yourself a huge favor and book all of your tours with Rome Walks!

- Suzanne and Erick (Michigan)

14  Thank Erick G

Been to Rome Walks? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK