All reviews via del corso spanish steps excellent location french balcony top floor side street arranging transportation pastries trevi fountain metro station visit to rome heart of rome charming hotel rooms are small city break gave us a map walked everywhere
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed on the 5th floor. The lift needed some tips to go down.
The lift doesn't go every floors, only 1-3 floor.
The location is good but the room was a bit small.
Accomodation in Rome is expensive and we have to accept it and think it's OK.

Room Tip: To ask if the lift goes your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lissa-sasa
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel during our 5 day stay in Rome. The hotel is right off of Via Corso which has a lot of shops and restaurants. The hotel staff is helpful and knowledgable about the area so they are a great resource to ask for directions and assistance. The room was clean and spacious. It had a window that opened up to the street which gives you that true italian feel. Our room had a mini fridge. The hotel is in a great location and located within walking distance to Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps and Piazza del Popolo. Continental breakfast is included and the staff will make you hot espresso based drinks. It was good value.

If you have the chance go to Del Corso Taverna - amazing food and inexpensive!! Hands down the best meal I had in all of Europe.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sab_Nav82
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The hotel is situated in a narrow lane between Via Del Corso and Via Del Babuino and is very 'Centrale' for the Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain & Piaza Novona. Not far from the river and the Vatican. The only really big attraction that involves a longish walk is the Colosseum but it is a very interesting longish walk.
The hotel is far from basic but not what you would term as luxurious either. The staff guys that cover the desk were very helpful, polite & friendly, especially Giovanni. Breakfast was fine unless you expect cooked food. It's not known as a Continental breakfast for nothing! Two types of cereal and loads of different pastries, cold meat, some fresh fruit and plenty of hot & cold drinks. Oh and lots of cake. The lift is small (300kg limit) and will take you to the 3rd floor of 4. Our room (No50) was fine with a comfortable bed, a great rooftop view over Rome and a big enough bathroom. Towels changed everyday and the room cleaned too. There is a fridge in the room too if needed.
We stayed for 4 nights at about 80 euro a night.
All things considered we thought this hotel was great value and we would have no hesitation on booking it again for a return visit.

Room Tip: Rooms 50 & 52 share a nice little 'private' roof terrace. If two couples (or a family) book both rooms then drinks on the terrace could be a possibility.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Bargain-HunterSom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This hotel is perhaps ideal for short people. My first night (before leaving for 2 weeks and returning for an additional 6 nights) in Suite 8, the toilet was so close to the wall, I could not sit!! I am not tall or a very large person. I spoke to the desk man in the morning and was told that a suite on the 3rd floor would address this problem. As I waited for my taxi, he entered this information -confirming my name and return date on the computer. Upon my return, at first was a loss to find my comment/request. I described the desk man - which led to finding the information. We were given a room on the 2nd floor - again, very small. Despite a 2 week advance request, a larger room was not available. I will never stay at this place again or ever recommend it to anyone. Had a friend stay on the via Margutta and in the future, I will as well. If you are staying for any longer than 1 or 2 nights, there is no variety in the breakfast - on the 6th morning, I couldn't face it again - the coffee was always good and available upon request from
the lady taking care of the dining room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gerry g
centraledir, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Gerry , I'm very sorry for the receptionist that not assign to you a largest room that we have.
I'm very sorry that you think to not come back to my hotel, and I respect your decision.
I could only try to explain you that I'm always available for my guest and in the future I ask to my guest , for your particolar needed, to speak directly with me.
I'm very sorry to have lost you, believe me ! The Manager Francesca Toto

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The location near the Piazza del Popolo is absolutely great. We did all our sightseeing on foot - a nice walking distance to both the Vatican and the Colosseum/Forum area.
We had breakfast included, they have juice, some cereals, standard Italian white bread rolls, salami, prosciutto and cheese and a wide selection of sweet pastries which is part of every Italian breakfast. Just make sure to note that you can order your espresso or cappuccino from the waitress. Much better than what u get out of the self service machine.
The hotel is in a nice old building, very well maintained and clean. Way above what you can find in Italy a lot of times.
Really the only downside are the small rooms with the almost too tiny bathrooms. That is even for local standards. But since you probably don't come to Rome to spend much more time than what you need for sleeping in your room we didn't find that to be a problem. Just think twice about it if you are much above 1,90 m (6 ft 2 in) in height ;)

Overall we would recommend this place anytime.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple