“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of El Cubano

El Cubano
Ranked #4,626 of 12,863 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2015

This was a nice restaurant with Cuban music and flat screens showing the songs and dancing, the food was excellent and I would go back here again

Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

Went by chance because other restaraunt was closed. We were surprised how the happy the staff was to have us visit them. The food was excellent. Highly recomend this restaraunt. Great fun great food.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

It said restaurant on the outside. So we had to look inside.
The interior was charming and colorful.
So we desided to try the food.
And good food it was.
The staff gave their attention to their little guests, and was playfull and forthcoming.
If you stay at one of the hotels nearby... this place is recommended for a good and inexpensive meal. They also have a nice bar, if you want something after or beside dinner.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My boyfriend and I were in the mood for something different and a distant memory of a friend's suggestion came to mind. You'll need a GPS to find it and it's nowhere near the centre so you'll need a car as well. We arrived around 10pm and I thought most diners would have finished by then. It took forever to to get a menu and we even considered leaving several times. However, once we ordered, our food arrived shortly thereafter. I thought, 'The food had better be good, although we'll probably never come back after that long wait.'

We began with the Yucca Con Mojo, which is boiled yucca with garlic and lemon juice. It was tender and delicious. One bite and I reconsidered my previous comment, 'Well, maybe we'll come back after all.' We also had the Aguacate, which is just half of a sliced avocado with olive oil drizzled over it. It's not easy to find good avocados in Rome, now I know why. El Cubano has them all.

Our entrees arrived as soon as we finished the appetizers. The waiter had suggested the Ropa Vieja (pulled beef in tomato sauce) and Pollo Barbacoa (steamed chicken with a soy and butter sauce). The chicken was falling off the bone and each bite was heavenly. We accompanied our entrees with side dishes of white rice and black beans. The Ropa Vieja was so tasty but the Polla Barbacoa upstaged it.

We finished with the Lechito (cream of rum) and the flan. The flan was home-made, but nothing spectacular. The home-made lechito was devine, so definitely check it out.

I must admit, the food was worth the wait and we will certainly go back. In their defense, we were told that at the beginning of the night they only had 13 reserved diners and so they had sent some staff home since they had not expected the restaurant to fill up with so many walk-ins.

I suggest you reserve and if you have to wait, just know...it'll certainly be worth it.

2  Thank Glenys V
Reviewed 23 December 2011

stayed in hotel beside this restaurant never looked inviting doors closed could not
see in
menus not displayed past every day for 10 nights heard some music but
never seen any one eating or going in or out why not open up sure it is fine inside from