“Ideal...”

Cecilia Suites Rome
Ranked #1,631 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My wife n I went to Rome in September...the A/C in the rooms was a life saver in the heat of the night. We stayed in the apartment in via Della Pace...such a fantastic location...food, tourism, sit 'n' stare at the beauty of the cobbled streets of Rome - perfect for us both. We loved Rome, but loved it more because of the location - we were so close to Piazza Navona: fantastic by day and magical by night! So much to see and do in just that area alone. Great location to stay in. Apartment was clean, tidy and practical so long as you don't mind the steps to the top. Cecilia was always a phonecall away if we wanted any advice or had any questions for her. Would definately go back and stay in the same apartment.

Room Tip: take the apartment without the terrace above the trattoria
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I have a pleasant stay in early November in a small apartment near Piazza Navona that I found cheap, clean and centrally located, easily linked to the main transport services, well served commercially. I found courtesy, helpfulness and efficiency. I was able to visit almost all the monuments on foot. It has a small kitchen that allowed me to be more independent. Memorable experience. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Let me start by saying that I think these apartments are in various sites. Our apartment was on the Vicollo Cellini so please check where you will be staying as I would NOT recommend staying at this one?

The space was small but that wasn't the problem. These I can summarise briefly as follows:-

- Tiny tiny bed (mentioned on previous reviews) - either myself or my husband de-bunked to the sofa each night and we are both small people.
- Tiny shower cubicle. I'm a small size 8 lady and was fine but anyone much larger would struggle to bend over in the shower to wash their feet.
- Generally very very noisy - single glazed windows that never gave any protection to the local heavy traffic noise which went on all day and all night night. Sleeping with a pillow over your head is not very romantic!
- Lack of natural light giving it a very cave like atmosphere.
- Everything was generally very dirty and the mattress had definitely seen better days

Unlike some reviewers we found the owner to be polite and helpful and thankfully there is plenty to see in Rome so we literally used the room to shower and sleep in but that was more to do with the fact that we didn't really like spending any time there.

Please check which site you will be staying at and avoid this one at all costs. Others locations appear to have been OK.

Rome tips

- Ladies don't bother with Stilettos. - the cobbles will ruin them (I spent all five days and evenings in my trainers and jeans)
- Rome is ridiculously expensive - Take triple the money you think you will spend.
- Drivers in Rome have no respect for road etiquette. They even drove around a chap in a wheelchair so do be careful.

Have a great time, but avoid this apartment unless you are prepared to put up with all of the above.

Room Tip: Check which room you will be getting and avoid the Vicollo Cellini ground floor apartment
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sibloo01
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We booked for an apartment in Trastevere but were changed to an apartment off Piazza Navona at the last minute due to water problems in the Trastevere apartment.

The apartment is on the 3rd floor and is basic but clean and large enough for 4 of us, the front room was a bit noisy at night as there is a bar and resturant downstairs but the bedroom was much quieter, I found the bed hard but we were so tired each night it was bliss anyway.

The best bit was the location, 2 mins from Piazza Navona (great for dinner and people watching) 15 mins from the vatican, 20 mins to the Colosseum. Loads of resturants and shops in the area, we spent most evenings just walking around the cobbled back streets. Overall It is fantastic value accommodation in central Rome

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My partner and I have just returned from Rome after staying in Cecilia's Sant Agata apartment and have nothing but praise for the accommodation and service. After booking accommodation at a hostel months earlier we read reports a few days before our trip that the hostel was infested with bed bugs so we needed to find alternative accommodation at very short notice. We paid only 40 euros extra each for the apartment and so we didn't know what to expect, but to say we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement!

We like to experience the culture of the country we're staying in when we travel so the Italian and very rustic decor of the apartment was perfect for us. The apartment had a fantastic view, with wooden shutters that opened to a view of a bustling square. The location could not have been more perfect, a couple of meters away was a tourist information booth, a tram stop, the Tiber and plenty of restaurants, bars and shops. The apartment was in close walking distance to all of the major sights as well, which we found really helpful.

Cecilia was very friendly and helpful and as soon as met her we felt very safe and secure and as if we could call on her for anything we might need. As soon as I sent her an sms I would get an instant reply.

I really couldn't fault the accommodation; it was perfect for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple