“Almost a five star”
Review of Spirito Divino

Spirito Divino
Reserve with
Spirito Divino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 12,951 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 32 - US$ 78
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

The restaurant was a bit of a challenge for the taxi man but when we arrived there was a notice on the door to say it was booked out for the night and it was only monday! Thankfully we had booked by email two weeks previous. The food was beautiful, really really good. The mozzarella in the starter was just amazing and the pasta dishes and pork main were delicious. I actually commented to my husband that I was sorry I didn't bring a bigger handbag so I could have stored some of the food for tomorrow (especially the chicken pate). The atmosphere was one of quiet anticipation and the family working collaboration works really well. The reason it wouldn't be a full 5 is because the service while excels in some areas ..... Friendly and personable with the family working the tables ... It just lets itself down in attention ..... We got water but were waiting over half an hour to order our wine.. However, instead of taking advantage and up selling the son recommended their €16 house wine which was superb. A great experience. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent food and wonderful service. Family-place with lots of homemade dishes. Good ingredients. Very charming wine cellar below in this traditional building. Wine recommendations were a strength ; we were directed towards an excellent more inexpensive wine when the tignanello turned out to be sold out. A little hard to find the place and appeared important to have a reservation. Would go again and recommend

Reviewed 6 September 2012

After a few not so great dining experiences it was nice to find a place that actually delivered. It's a bit of a trek to get to, but worth it. The food is very good with a fair selection available. You can see the food is sourced and cooked with pride. To be honest our welcome at first was slightly cold. We hadn't reserved a table and they just managed to squeeze us in. It took a fair while to get our water, wine list and order taken. However, once the ball was rolling we were well tended too. The frosty reception soon melted away and my wife and I enjoyed a good chat with the our waiter (the son of the chef), who speaks excellent English. Overall the experience was positive. In a city that i have found a bit disappointing on the food front this was certainly one of the better places. There are way too many 5 star reviews for the restaurants in this city making it difficult to find a decent place to eat on Trip Advisor. My review is 4, but trust me, this place stands above most restaurants in a city with a lot of over-rated eateries!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

we had the best meal that italy had to offer at this charming family owned and run restaurant. the decor, staff and meals were all first class. the ancient cellar was a delight to explore between courses. the owner presented our daughter with a candle on her desert for her birthday, and was a delightfully amusing part of our evening. all i can add, is there is no negative to this wonderful eatery.

1  Thank rob f
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We ate here several years ago for our anniversary, the restaurant is small and cosy and in a wonderful old building. The wine list was extensive to say the least - the size of a novel, we had trouble choosing from it so the son of the owners was able to recommend a bottle - I have to say it was the nicest wine I have ever tried and unfortunately we have not been able to find it since returning to the UK (Don Luigi - Naples vineyard - I think). The food was very homely and extremely filling - I remember prticularly enjoying the home made pate and my partner enjoyed osso buco. The service was second to none and they really could not do more to help, including takiing pity on me when I could not eat my spaghetti and bringing me extra cutlery.

2  Thank Violet R