“Life changing pasta experience”

Da Armando al Pantheon
Ranked #1,037 of 13,795 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: This italian and familyrun restaurant is excellent and has been there for decades
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was lucky to get a lunch reservation at this popular restaurant which is just a stone's away from the Pantheon. Was feeling kind of hungry so ordered the special appetizer (buffalo cheese with artichoke), spaghetti matriciana (tomato sauce and slivers of pig's cheek), and veal with roast potatoes. The appetizer was quite delish, but it was the spaghetti that was life changing for me, so incredibly flavorful with every perfect bite. Hands-down the best pasta I've ever had. The veal is so-so, I kind of regretted ordering it, should've just had another pasta instead.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

avoid at all costs. it is a nice setting but the food is terrible, overcooked and so salty. staff are nice enough but IMHO the best restaurants in Rome are all further away from the main tourist spots.

1  Thank daddylonglegsLondon
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were very excited to eat here but found the service to really be a let down. Our first encounter was with an older bald waiter who was very pushy and did not exude hospitality in any way. We wanted to order a drink before our food and he refused. When we asked for some more time to decide on food he acted as if he was annoyed by the question.

Once we ordered a younger gentleman helped us pick out our wine and was very helpful and friendly. Lucky we never had to deal with the bald man again. I saw his interactions with other tables and he seemed to dislike everyone.

The food was good but not the best meal we had in Rome. Presentation was lacking on my fish dish...it looked very unappetizing although it tasted alright. The wine we had was the highlight of the meal. Thanks to the young waiter for helping us with this pick.

I cannot say we will be back with all the choices in Rome. If you're near the Pantheon this could be a good option but don't go too far out of your way if you're looking for good service and food.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We enjoyed a dinner here in March of 2018. We were a party of 8 including 4 teens. The food was very good. The waiter had strong views about the food but we found it helpful and enjoyed the interaction. All in all one of the better meals we had while in Rome. We recommend.

1  Thank jamescrongeyer
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited twice this past month.

I had high expectations of the food but left just a little disappointed. The pastas were good but just not as amazing as I had expected from reading the reviews. The Spaghetti Amatriciana wasn't as good as i've had in other restaurants but the Cacio e Pepe & Carbonara (with fresh Tonarelli) was better. I think they should use a thicker pasta (Rigatoni?) for the Amatriciana as it just fell flat as a dish. Service was good on both occasions.