“A place worth visiting”

Ranked #20 of 46 Quick Bites in Rome
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 9
Cuisines: Street Food
Neighbourhood: Monti
Description: Pasta Imperiale is the house of fresh pasta. Here you find only traditional homemade fresh pasta, and you can match your favourite with one of our sauces, choosen between classic or season. We are always open, just come in!
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Great pasta, a lot of variety and reasonable prices. The cost is from 5.5 to 6.5 euro and you can mix and match different pasta to different sause.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank xrisa97

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved the food here, great staff, kids loved the pasta and gnocchi- we will be back for more!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank jitm2016
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Variety of homemade pastas to choose from! The pesto pasta wasn't my absolute favourite, but the bolognese was delicious! We even went back for seconds. The restaurant is small, but has a nice vibe! Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank ErinCW842
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I would love to give this place a great review for their food, but I CANNOT condone their business practices. Today, September 15th at around 3:30pm, my husband and I went here for the second time since we’ve been in Rome. Our first experience here was stellar! Today’s trip was not.

We ordered our dinner and my husband went to pay with his debit card. The girl behind the counter had a bad attitude from the first item we told her, but we chalked it up to it being hot and Roma drawing 2-2 to the worst team in the league. She told him, “card no go through.” I was less than a foot away so I heard all of this. We both thought that was weird but figured it was because we are in Europe and traveling internationally. He gave her his credit card and she charged it as normal.

He checked his bank account when we got to a pub down the street with WIFI to see why the charge was blocked and saw that she charged BOTH his debit card AND credit card for around $30.

He went to speak with her about it and she told him it wasn’t her fault and she didn’t do anything. She told him to “calm down and I did nothing wrong and it isn’t my fault”

This type of behavior and business practice is UNACCEPTABLE. After speaking with the pub down the street about what happened, they informed us that when they didn’t give him the first receipt showing that the card was declined that, that action is illegal all over the EU and to inform the Police. They even offered to go speak with them because they spoke fluent Italian.

I wouldn’t expect this behavior from a restaurant that has multiple locations within Rome. But the blonde girl working on Sunday afternoon/evening at this location is not only a thief but also a liar. I would avoid these specific restaurants and go to any other pasta place that is ethical and is just as good.

In case anyone thinks we are exaggerating or not being truthful we have screen shots from the bank to prove their was fraud on their part.

My husband also admits that he was loud and obnoxious about this incident and left before he did anything that he would regret.

Date of visit: September 2018
Alberto L, Proprietario at Pasta Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi Erica.

I'm very sorry for what happened and please send me the proves you got at my email account:
lucchi.alberto@gmail.com

Please send me also your bank address to draw back your money.

That's obviously not our practice, only a mistake made by the young waitress.

Please accept my excuses.

Kind regards.

Alberto Lucchi

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place to go. Would highly recommend. I had ravioli and my partner had gnocchi and both were delicious. We plan to go back again tomorrow

2  Thank danoz760