“Amazing relaxing suite”

Ranked #3 of 1,087 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing relaxing suite”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The round bed was amazingly comfortable, the stereo and music selection was very relaxing, as was the modern shower and high end toiletries. There was a fully stocked minibar that was included in the cost, as was full breakfast in the room at a table, which was delicious! Internet was included. EVERYTHING in the room was high end from the espresso machine, the to Bang and Olufson stereo and telephone, to the Lush bath products, giant soft towels and robes, remote control candles, etc. The room was not cheap but at least nothing was skimped and nothing was nickeled-and-dimed upon arrival.This is the most relaxing hotel experience I've ever had. Location was a bit far north, but not terrible, and the view was non-existant, but you hardly need it with this amazing room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChuckAhern
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Suite Sistina is nothing short of heaven. I stayed here with two girlfriends in the larger suite in July 2008 - I still will never forget this experience.
Great location, friendly staff - breakfast was catered to us every morning and served in the dining room.
It definitely is a hotel for couples, very romantic.
We loved the room so much we wanted to stay in there as long as possible! Very luxurious. Obviously its very pricey but it's nice to splurge when in Rome!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jmapelle_Sofi
york
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Before we travelled we had high hopes for this hotel, but on arrival we found it to be a bit of an anti climax...we received an e-mail before we travelled asking us for all of our favourite music, what temperature we would like the room A/C set at, what pillows we would like etc etc..but when we turned up the stereo was playing Jason and Kylie (not our choice) and everything else promised was not in evidence. The "suite" is really just a hotel room, with the bed taking up most of the room. We had a few problems with the shower handle falling off, the jacuzzi not working and the loo door locking itself from the inside. These were all eventually fixed.
The breakfast was lovely, and the location is second to none but if you are going to spend this kind of money look at the Hotel Minerva, The Hotel Raphael or other similar luxury hotels...i think you will get better value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank williamYork
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I planned this vacation for long time...I wanted to ask my former girlfriend to become my wife....and I needed the perfect place for it.....well, after a long research I found it. Suite Sistina made my dream come true, thanks to its perfect location, style of room (tutta ronda suite) and kindness of all the staff at the reception.

We had our gnammy breakfast coming every morning to our desired time, all the drinks in the minibar were free and replaced every day...just great!!!!!

the city then is marvellous, lots of place to see, and you are just in the earth of Rome....and my darling just loved making some good shopping in the sorroundings.....

I suggest this place even if it's a little too pricy but just consider that most of other hotels makes you pay breakfast apart, minibar and local taxes.....

I hope to celebrate my first marriage anniversary here again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gentlemanbordeaux
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I have been @ Atlantis the Palm this summer and I felt as we (I were with a group of friends) swere pecail guest. The courtesy of the staff, the cleaning of the room and the specail breakfast every mourning let us very impressed. Then we played at the water park almost everyday and it was amazing. Children wolud turned crazy about it.

I suggest this hotel to everyone!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends