See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2014

It is just 5-min. walk from the Termini but located in a bit doggy area. A big supermarket is 2 blocks away that saves your wallet.

Breakfast is mainly cookie, packed (not fresh) bread and bread square (that you see in Italy all over - sorry I forgot the name). There is NO ONE during the day. An old lady and a daughter come before breakfast which is very late for tourists (8am-9am only). They hardly speak English but very kind. I can feel the warmth.

Provided towels are very old - like 5-year old. On the first day you find several package of tea with 2 packed mini cookies like you get on the airplane. TV are all in Italian, no BBC in English. It is clean.

If you are heading for Vatican and other main sites, you might want to take busses because this one is located the other side of Rome. I stayed here at the end of my trip to get to the airport faster - a right choice. Another one I stayed was a walking distance to the Colosseo. I walk a lot being a New Yorker, but this location is not maybe for people who have some difficulties in walking on that stone streets. FYI.

Over all not a bad for money.

Room Tip: Simply good to get to the Termini faster. The neighborhood is not that great.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Cheap accommodation close to Roma Termini Station. This place is very small, but run by a lovely host! The bathroom is very cramped, and the breakfast is pretty ordinary, but otherwise a very nice place for the price!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, comfortable room, free wifi ;) nice staff very kind, helpful and attentive, always smile . Good breakfast, clean rooms, a bit small shower cabin, if you are not small will be a bit difficult to have a shower, ... Great location , very close by to Termini, also close by to the center.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizaveta0908
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Since my last review in 2010, I visited Rome another 5 times and I always stayed at this accommodation. It is convenient (location and facilities), clean and friendly (the owner, Rita, welcomes you at check in and is there for breakfast). I find it very convenient since booking is directly with the owner by means of email info@danonnaclementina.it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaphaelGozo
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive accommodation in Rome, near the Termini station so that I would have access to the centre of Rome. A colleague of mine suggested Da Nonna Clementina and so I managed to book a room there, after communicating through email.

The rooms were just 5 mins walking from Termini station but are not easy to find as they are a part of a large block of flats and there is no sign outside - only a ring bell among more than twenty in the same panel! Despite my delay in arrival, Rita was expecting me with a smile and helped me with settling up. A map and a bottle of water were also provided. The room was rather small but really nice, decorated with dark wood furniture and smelling wonderfully. It was obvious that it was decorated with style. Bed was nice and the bathroom was clean and well-preserved, with no sign of mould. A desk was perfect for working with my laptop but no internet was provided - keep that in mind in case you need internet.

Breakfast was served in a lovely room just outside the rooms, including one table for each room. It was limited to juice, yoghurt and coffee, along with rusks, jams and butter. A croissant and biscuits were also included in the menu, which was really high quality. As I was used in having a big breakfast, I left feeling rather hungry but this was not an issue for me as I was mainly concerned about the room (which was lovely).

My overall impression was really nice and the rooms were a catch for their price. Rita was always there and willing to help but there was no point as everything was really nice. I only missed some dark curtains for the door near the bed, as I kept waking up due to the light entering the room early in the morning. I would definitely suggest Da Nonna Clementina to any friend or colleague interested for a cheap but quality accommodation near the center of Rome!

Room Tip: All rooms are on the same floor so I do not expect major variations.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business