See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, comfortable room, free wifi ;) nice staff very kind, helpful and attentive, always smile . Good breakfast, clean rooms, a bit small shower cabin, if you are not small will be a bit difficult to have a shower, ... Great location , very close by to Termini, also close by to the center.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizaveta0908
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Since my last review in 2010, I visited Rome another 5 times and I always stayed at this accommodation. It is convenient (location and facilities), clean and friendly (the owner, Rita, welcomes you at check in and is there for breakfast). I find it very convenient since booking is directly with the owner by means of email info@danonnaclementina.it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaphaelGozo
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive accommodation in Rome, near the Termini station so that I would have access to the centre of Rome. A colleague of mine suggested Da Nonna Clementina and so I managed to book a room there, after communicating through email.

The rooms were just 5 mins walking from Termini station but are not easy to find as they are a part of a large block of flats and there is no sign outside - only a ring bell among more than twenty in the same panel! Despite my delay in arrival, Rita was expecting me with a smile and helped me with settling up. A map and a bottle of water were also provided. The room was rather small but really nice, decorated with dark wood furniture and smelling wonderfully. It was obvious that it was decorated with style. Bed was nice and the bathroom was clean and well-preserved, with no sign of mould. A desk was perfect for working with my laptop but no internet was provided - keep that in mind in case you need internet.

Breakfast was served in a lovely room just outside the rooms, including one table for each room. It was limited to juice, yoghurt and coffee, along with rusks, jams and butter. A croissant and biscuits were also included in the menu, which was really high quality. As I was used in having a big breakfast, I left feeling rather hungry but this was not an issue for me as I was mainly concerned about the room (which was lovely).

My overall impression was really nice and the rooms were a catch for their price. Rita was always there and willing to help but there was no point as everything was really nice. I only missed some dark curtains for the door near the bed, as I kept waking up due to the light entering the room early in the morning. I would definitely suggest Da Nonna Clementina to any friend or colleague interested for a cheap but quality accommodation near the center of Rome!

Room Tip: All rooms are on the same floor so I do not expect major variations.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vprot
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed with my husband at Da Nonna Clemetina at the beginning of April, and it was very nice. The room is very cosy, clean and had everything we need. The location is perfect, a 5 minute walk from Termini. Although Rita didn´t speak much English, we were able to communicate well. She was very attentive and helpful with us. I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Just returned from four night stay in Da Nonna Clemintina and what a delightful place. Close to main Termini Station ,its ideal for easily touring all of Rome`s attractions. The hosts couldn`t have been more helpful. Our flight was delayed by 7 hours arriving about 5am. but a warm welcome was waitng by the owner who had stayed up all night for our arrival
You enter the main building via a beautiful enclosed garden courtyard. The room we had was spotlessly clean , well decorated , free safe deposit and a seperate large shower room.
You have total freedom to come and go as you like.
A real help was the fact our return flight was in the evening and rather than carry our luggage about or stand in a busy queue at the Station we were given a key to a secure area where we could safely leave our luggage until departure. All in all a great trip made better because of the hosts thoughtfulness.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple