“Thank goodness for Sky Tours Rome!!”
Review of Sky Tours Rome

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sky Tours Rome
Ranked #560 of 924 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a cultural association of Roman art historians who meet a few times each week to give lectured walks around Rome. We reveal the Vatican museums, St Peters Basilica and St Peters Square along with the Sistine Chapel. We also are available to view the Colosseum and ancient Rome with you. Dates of of our meetings will be posted on our site.
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My daughter, 12 year old grandson and I went on a guided tour of the Colosseum and Forum with Sky Tours Rome - and we were so glad we did. I had asked my son and daughter-in-law who had previously been to Rome, but not taken any official tours, where they would recommend we had a guided tour and their immediate answer was the Ancient Rome Tour.

Simon our guide, came from Denmark and it was obvious he was totally committed to his subject, and was a great authority on all the area and gave us an insight to what it must have been like to have lived in the times. His information was both interesting and humorous and we were captivated by both sites.

We were met on time outside the Metro station and the tour took longer than promised, partly because of the enthusiasm of Simon and all the questions we kept asking which were answered knowledgeably by Simon.

I am so pleased we decided to take this tour and would wholeheartedly recommend Sky Tours Rome to everyone, it would have been such a shame to have tried to see the Colosseum and Forum without Simon's expert guidance. Well done!!

Reviewed 10 March 2010

Me my Wife and two daughters went to Rome in Janurary 2010 and because we had never been there and there is so much to see we decided to take a tour so we found Sky Tours on the website and they seemed very good so we booked two tours with them the Roman Forum and Colosseum and the Vatican tour. We met the guide James at the meeting point and went on the two tours as we done a all day private tour. The guide was very knowagelable and you could see he was passionate about his work and he also made it fun and interesting for our 2 teenage daughters aswell he was great with the children and the children actually enjoyed the tour much more than i would have exspected. He had a lot of information that we would of not known unless we had of taken a tour. The tours he took us on were the highlight of our trip to Rome and if we ever return to Rome i would deffenetly take a tour again with Sky Tours.
Thanks Guys.

P.S. I would reccomend if you where going to visit Rome to take a tour but also deffentely take a tour with Sky Tours.

Reviewed 12 January 2010

I took a Sky Tours tour recently and was very impressed. I never write on these review things but I feel I have a responsibility to allow others to know what a great experience it was. Our tour guide Sean T was so knowledgeable about everything we came across. His little stories and anecdotes were so funny. It wasn't about someone rambling on about this and that - a true passion for the city came through as interesting history, which I never thought I'd see.

1  Thank moretime22
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I had the pleasure of taking your tour of the Vatican in Rome. Alex had the knowledge of an historian and a sense of humor to go along with all the interesting details. I am so impressed with all the information he shared with us and taught us. My friends are coming over in Feb 2010 and I just recommended they look up Sky Tours tour.
Thank you for the excellent tour!
Thomas From NYC

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 December 2009

We used Sky Tours firstly at the Vatican City and were blown away by the knowledge of the tour guide, every piece had an immense history behind it and without the tour guide we would not have known a single thing! The tour lasted a good two hours or so (to be honest the time flew by as he made everything so interesting!).

We enjoyed the first tour so much we decided to take the Centre of the city walk, again the history behind each building and monument goes by unnoticed unless you have a guide that knows what they are talking about.

All I can say is I have come back from the amazing place which is Rome, knowing that I have not wasted a great opportunity to visit such
a great place by using a useless tour guide. Instead I am fulfilled that I have seen the sights and have the pleasure of knowing what once
happened.