We chose this hotel having read good Tripadvisor reviews.
the location is ideal , we walked to all the sites/ sights - including The Vatican.
we stayed in a large very pleasant junior suite on the 1st floor with a view of the Fountain - no complaints there..
the unfortunate & most disappointing concern:- be forewarned..
water pressure for basin & toilet was fine - there was close to NO water pressure in the shower - especially for hot water.
a lukewarm drizzle enabled an unsatisfactory shower - hair-washing was impossible.
we were assured an "engineer" would attend in the morning & that evening advised the problem solved. NOT SO..
we were also told that no previous guest in the suite had complained - hard to believe..
we loved our five days in Rome but would not in all conscience be able to recommend the hotel.
an expensive sojourn without the luxury of a decent hot shower..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Relais Trevi Fountain RomeWelcome to the Relais Trevi Fountain in the historical centre of Rome, the ideal accommodation for an unforgettable romantic break in one of the world’s oldest and most spellbinding cities. Our luxury rooms & suites in the historical centre of Rome has undergone recent refurbishment to make it an immaculate yet personable accommodation in which you can set your mind at ease and make the most out of the cityThe Trevi FountainOne of Rome’s most popular landmarks and probably the most famous fountain in the world, the stunning Fontana di Trevi was immortalised in the 1960 classic Fellini film La Dolce Vita, starring Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg - who famously frolics in the fountain on a balmy Roman night. Needless to say, frolicking in the fountain today will probably land you with a hefty fine to pay, but if you can resist diving in, this beautiful Renaissance masterpiece is generally regarded as one of Rome’s most romantic spots.Our LocationTaking our name from the fountain, which is just a few metres away from the entrance to our luxury rooms & suites, the Relais Fontana di Trevi puts guests deep in the cobble-stoned heart of renaissance Rome, with other landmarks such as the Spanish Steps and Piazza Barberini within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Relais Fontana Di Trevi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fontana Di Trevi Hotel Rome
- Relais Fontana Di Trevi Rome