See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I really did not expect such an old place, I also paid more than I thought I would for one (last) night in Rome. The people are nice. The room we got is very basic, old ensuit, no telly, no fridge. Only basic vintage forniture. The double bad is made up of 2 beds tied together. No cot for the baby, 10 points less. It's clean tho. And quite outside so no noise, no traffic coming from the window. I understand they are refurbishing the place. 15 min walk from termini station. Nice trattoria/restaurants nearby.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

from viewing past reviews of this hotel i was slightly concerned when planning to stay here. I came with a large group of art students, and i couldn't complain atall.The family who run the hotel couldn't be more welcoming, the rooms were warm- typically italian decor but clean and what we needed after a long day seeing the city. The food was pleasant, and location was central. I would certainly recommend it for large groups.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Terrie W
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with a school group in July. We weren't expecting much so we were pleasantly surprised. We had a warm welcome from our hosts; despite a few language problems, they soon worked out what I was going on about and made an effort to understand my terrible Italian.
All the rooms were of a good size with no squeezing or squashing and all were scrupulously clean and remained so throughout. Breakfast was plentiful and dinners were generous. Often, hotels scrimp on food for school groups but not this one. The children were encouraged to eat more if they wanted it and our hosts took pleasure in seeing them enjoy their food.
It's obviously not a five- star experience but it was good value, comfortable and efficient. If I were to criticise, I'd say there were a couple of rooms that had to share a bathroom and they were on a floor where a guest not from our group was staying which wasn't really acceptable for a school group so we had to do a room re-shuffle.
The staff were keen to keep the place quiet at night. We were asked to keep the noise down once or twice when it wasn't us but it wasn't unpleasant and we appreciated the sentiment.
Finally, a word on the location. It's not in the centre of the city but it's a 5-10 minute walk (depending on your speed) to the Trevi Fountain or Spanish Steps and less to Barberini metro stop. The walk is through what seems to be a safe area and it's nice and quiet at night.
Would definitely recommend this for large groups or for budget travellers.

Room Tip: Check to make sure you've got an en suite bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne_Herlihy
Reviewed 3 August 2012

When you stay 5 nights, two persons, including breakfast, with our own bathroom, for the total price of 270 Eur, you don't (you shouldn't) expect much. We got very good value for money! Nice clean rooms where everything worked. Nice big wardrobe cabinet. No air condition, but a fan. There was even a TV (but we didn't use it).
A few simple things could have improved the room: A mirror other than in the bathroom, one or two coat racks, light bulbs with a more "warm" color (energy efficient does not have to be cold blue) and some bedside lamps. But those are minor details.
The breakfast wasn't much to write about, but it was just what we needed, and the service was friendly.

The best part about the hotel is the location. We walked to everything, even the Vatican, Colosseum and Trastevere. Some might find f.ex. Trastevere a long walk, but anyway, it's only 15 minutes to Termini and 20 minutes to the center (f.eks. Pantheon).
The neighbourhood is nice and quiet, and there are some excellent restaurants close by. The best one we found was Trattoria Cadorna, and it's with 100 meters! La Cantinola just around the other corner, is also very good.

Albergo Tizi doesn't look like much, and a few things could be better, but we have nothing to complain about. Recommended if you want to save a little on the Hotel, since you are roaming the city all day anyway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Niels P
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during a short stay in Rome. Hotel in duch wasn't bad, but too pricy for what we got. Lication wise it was excellent though - 7min walk to Termini station.

A few things that I was not too happy with: the rooms and price. Quite expensive for what we got, which was basically a bed and breakfast (coffee and croissant). The room was very bleak with only a bed, a washing sink and a small table. Somehow the white bare walls gave it a cheap and sad feel..

This said the staff were friendly although the service was almost nonexistant. Still the location was why we stayed there and as we only spent a few hours a night in the room, I'm not too unhappy about staying there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple