“It's funny now, but it sure wasn't then!”

Hostaria Antico Lotto
Ranked #749 of 13,954 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2017

It was a bank holiday, and we had just arrived. We were famished, but had trouble finding a place. They told us that they could not serve pasta, since they were closing soon, or something like that, but we didn't have much option. We got a "beef steak," which was terribly expensive, but what could we do? It as not pink on the inside; it was raw on the inside. I like my steaks medium-rare; this was not even rare. Possibly I don't know how meat is supposed to be cooked in Italy, but this was not to my taste. My poor wife left the restaurant as hungry as when she came. I ate the clams that they brought; they were pretty good. We paid 29 euros for a cruel joke. I have never before given a negative review on google or tripadvisor, but this warranted it.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Close to the hotel so we thought we would give it a try, just a quick plate of pasta. The waitress suggested an appetizer, squash blossoms stuffed with Buffalo ricotta and anchovies. Just the mention of anchovies scared my partner from ordering, but it was something I wanted to try while in Italy so we ordered it, presentation was flawless, and those were the tastiest morsels I have had in a long time. And guess who "tried just a taste" and proceeded to eat half of the blossoms, with mutterings of, maybe we should have each ordered one...gotta love it! Waitress was friendly and not pushy at all, great food, prices were no more than comparable restaurants that we have encountered here.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We have chosen the restaurant as it was recommended by a hotel receptionist. The opening time is a bit late at 8pm and not exact as the website indicates (7:30pm), which is bit late for a family with a small child. The service was good, even though they were asking us frequently if we finished or if all is ok. The service started with a glass of Processo, a nice detail. We ordered antipasti and pasta. Antipasti presentation was very nice, but the quality of food was average. There were some antipasti that even did taste like they were from a supermarket. Pasta was initially brought overcooked and we had to return it. The price was average.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent place, friendly atmosphere nice and smily people :-D I highly recommend this place, very good homemade food :-)

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

If you blinked real fast you might miss this restaurant and if you did you would miss out. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but the food is fabulous. They specialize in seafood, but the steak I had was excellent. The service was great too. I ate outside, but there are plenty of tables on the inside.

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Hostaria Antico Lotto? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK