Hotel Lodi
US$ 1,221
US$ 1,170
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscroissantssan giovannijuice and coffeeenjoy your staymetro stationevery morningvisit romeminute walkbreakfast was deliciousbeds were comfortablebus stoppublic transportationcentre of romehostelmapromadorm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Hotel Lodi has very friendly and committed staff and good knowledge of excellent local neighbourhood eating places, ranging from family hosterias to cheap good pizza and bars. Wifi included, bus or metro easy to main sites. If you have a car, parking in streets easy. Common room too small but garden beautiful. No kitchen but can use fridge. We would stay again next time for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I found Hostel Lodi on internet by chance. I had no idea about the place before actually going there for the first time. I was going to stay in Rome for 6 months but I had no place to stay in the beginning so I started my journey in this wonderful place. It's not just a hostel. Right now I feel like I have a second home in Rome. As soon as you enter from the door you start to get the feeling that you know the people working there for quite some time. And once you get to know them you feel like you've been friends with them for ages. The thing that especially made me even more fond of this hostel was the consciousness of the staff about the security, cleanliness and comfort of the people staying there. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wishes to stay in a cosy clean hostel with full of wonderful people.

Bu Hosteli internette tamamen tesadüf eseri buldum ve daha önceden hiçbir fikrim yoktu bu hostel ile ya da herhangi bir hostel ile ilgili. 6 aylık Erasmus serüvenime de bu hostelde başlamış oldum böylece ve hala hiç tereddüt etmeden iyiki de öyle olmuş diyorum. Gerçekten her anlamda son derece güzel bir hostel. çalışanların güvenlik huzur ve temizlik konusundaki özenleri de ayrıca dikkate alınması gereken bir konu diye düşünüyorum. Kısacası bu hosteli Roma'da güzel bir zaman geçirmek yeni insanlar tanımak ve ömürleri boyunca unutamayacakları anılar yaşamak isteyen herkese tavsiye ederim.

il miglior posto a Rome se cerchi qualcosa piena di vita e le gente piena di energia. Era la prima volta a Rome per me quando ero li. e devo dire che loro hanna fatto il mio semestre di Erasmus ancora piu indimenticabile. le stanze sono comodissimo e il quartiere e' tranquillo. non e lontano dal centro e' c'e' sempre qualcuno da cui potete prendere aiuta. posso consigliare questo ostello senza dubbio!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I cannot praise the friendly helpful and generous staff enough, they were wonderful. We shared a triple room with an ensuite. Plenty of space and nice and clean. This is not luxury but for the price is fully functional and very hospitable. We were offered drinks on arrival and hadn't booked breakfast but were offered the first day on the house, simple tasty pastries, fresh juice and gorgeous coffee, and we were late for it but this was still not a problem for the great staff. There are a couple of computers to use at your leisure and free wifi. The house keeping attended to our room everyday when we left and did it not hassle us before we went anywhere just snuck in no matter how late we went out. It is a good 10 minute walk from the nearest metro but once there the staff will give you a map with all the bus routes from just outside the hotel which will take you all over the city or to the nearest metro so don't let the initial walk put you off. Each room has a tv but if you are in Rome I am guessing it is mainly to soak up the city and not sit in your room, in which case this hotel really is suitable for families ( I could not get a reasonably priced hotel for 3 anywhere else) or couples, certainly friends and solo travellers.Great value and great little find.

Room Tip: If you are booking a triple room there are rooms with one double and one single or 3 singles so specify when you book which you prefer. Not all rooms offer ensuite so double check if it bothers you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I spent 4 days at Hotel/Hostel Lodi and if I go back to Rome, I will definitely stay there again. I stayed on my own in a double room with my own bathroom and the room, bedding and bathroom were very clean and cleaned every day. It is out of the centre but not far to the metro and as I am a walker it is a great walk into the centre. It is also nice to go to locals markets/shops. There are also great local restaurants where you do not get fleeced like you do in the touristy city eateries.
I spent my birthday there and the owners had put a bottle of wine, and a bunch of flowers in my room to wish me well - a lovely touch you would most probably not get in other establishments. The staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. A great stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This hostel was kind of a walk out of the centre, about 15 mins from the nearest metro stop and 30 mins from the colosseum. This wasn't a problem for us but I think it is for some people. We thought it was cool because you got to see some of the less touristy shops and markets for fruit and vegetables.

You technically are not allowed to cook at this place as they don't have a license, but there is cooking facilities......

The best thing is the breakfast. All the coffee you could want, which probably won't be a lot because they make it really strong and after my 2nd cup I think I would've been awake for a week if I'd drunk anymore. They give you 2 amazing pastries each and some juice. It was a really nice change from the usual cheap cereal and toast you often get.

The staff are really friendly, they give you a lot of info about the city when you arrive. Plus it's a 24 hour reception which is handy (unless the receptionist gets drunk with all the guests and has to go for a lie down....).

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank deathinthehalls
hotellodi, Direttore at Hotel Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Guest, thank you very much for sharing your impression about us! We really appreciate the clarity and objectiveness of your words and I apologize for the lack of professionality of my colleague; as a response to that I would only argue that your title could be a little misleading, since we do like offering accomodation, a nice sleep and a good breakfast to start off the day, to any typology of traveler. We really believe that finding a "home away form home" makes it special. Thak you again, from traveler to traveler. Michele