Welrome Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 627
US$ 413
US$ 222
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$ 273
US$ 249
Hotel Navona(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 261
US$ 215
Agoda.com
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 321
US$ 263
US$ 172
US$ 157
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
US$ 263
US$ 733
US$ 466
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscroissantstermini stationgreat hostsrick stevessistine chapelwonderful hotelcarlofridgesupermarketbabboattractionsbusesdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We chose this hotel based on location and reviews from TripAdvisor and we were very happy during our week-long stay in early April. Our room (The Spagna) was furnished simply, but was large and the beds were very comfortable. The best aspect of the hotel are the hosts (Mary and Carlo) who because of the limited number of rooms, treat each guest as if they were staying in their own home. Carlo, with his background in art history, took time every night to share his knowledge and enthusiasm about some of the pieces we would be seeing in the museums we had planned to visit the next day. They are clearly involved in the neighborhood as Mary walked me to the laundrymat one night (I wasn't sure there would be time to do my laundry before they closed) and the owner greeted her kindly and stayed open for me to complete my wash.
They gave excellent directions and the location is perfect, being close to Termini, but in a very safe neighborhood. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We traveled to Rome in early May for our honeymoon and had a wonderful stay at the Welrome Hotel. The hotel is very conveniently located a few blocks from Termini station and is in walking distance of almost every major sight in Rome. There was a grocery store very close by and lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. The hotel itself is fairly basic but the service is outstanding. The owners are always ready and willing to provide recommendations or tell you how/when to tour an attraction. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aliasblackhawk
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I arrived in Rome alone after my friend had to cancel going on this trip. I felt very apprehensive navigating the streets on my own, but Mary went through the directions multiple times till I felt confident. The breakfast croissants filled with your choice of chocolate, strawberry or cream were very decadent. I live in the country so the noise of a city would normally be difficult for me to sleep but by closing the thick windows I couldn't hear a thing and slept like a baby. The air conditioning and bar fridge worked well. The location was wonderful for catching buses and the subway as you could always look for a bus going to the Termini and know you were close to your hotel. The location felt safe as well, even in the evening. Wouldn't hesitate staying here again. Hope I have the opportunity. Thank you Mary and Carlo.

Room Tip: I was facing the street and had no problem sleeping but I use ear plugs. If you are a really light sleeper, you might want one not facing the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank wolvesmgr
Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you are visiting Rome for the first time or need help deciding what to do when you get there, stay at this hotel! Mary and Carlos are amazing hosts and will help you decide what to see and when. They are a wealth of info on everything from the museums to the best gelato stands. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Termini rail station (there is a bus shuttle from the airport to Termini), it is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Colosseum, 10 minutes to the Galleria Borghese, and 45 minutes to the Vatican (there are busses and the metro at Termini, much quicker). The room was comfortable, with a large bed, a TV, hair dryer, etc. There are only 6 rooms here I think, which gives it an almost B&B feel. There many shops and restaruants nearby. Will stay here again if I go back to Rome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkGoCougs
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Mary & Carlos are the best hosts at Welrome! Every morning I awoke to the most wonderful chocolate croissants and juice. The room was large and very clean. A short walk from the train station. Every time we needed directions Mary or Carlos were happy to help us and share their knowledge of beautiful and historic Rome. Very wonderful accommodations for a very fair price.
Mary & Carlos are two of the kindest people in Rome!

Room Tip: This hotel has a lift.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family