“Great Value, Excellent Hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Welrome Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Welrome Hotel
Ranked #562 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Dallas
“Great Value, Excellent Hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Although the rooms are very small, the service is excellent. We stayed 4 nights before a cruise and were very pleased with the location, just a few blocks from Termini. The rooms have a hot pot with tea/coffee and each morning the Mary left us croissants, which were delicious. She also advised on local restaurants, sites to visit, etc. Both she and her husband were excellent hosts and we felt like honored guests staying with them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Margie S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We chose this hotel based on location and reviews from TripAdvisor and we were very happy during our week-long stay in early April. Our room (The Spagna) was furnished simply, but was large and the beds were very comfortable. The best aspect of the hotel are the hosts (Mary and Carlo) who because of the limited number of rooms, treat each guest as if they were staying in their own home. Carlo, with his background in art history, took time every night to share his knowledge and enthusiasm about some of the pieces we would be seeing in the museums we had planned to visit the next day. They are clearly involved in the neighborhood as Mary walked me to the laundrymat one night (I wasn't sure there would be time to do my laundry before they closed) and the owner greeted her kindly and stayed open for me to complete my wash.
They gave excellent directions and the location is perfect, being close to Termini, but in a very safe neighborhood. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynn H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

We traveled to Rome in early May for our honeymoon and had a wonderful stay at the Welrome Hotel. The hotel is very conveniently located a few blocks from Termini station and is in walking distance of almost every major sight in Rome. There was a grocery store very close by and lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. The hotel itself is fairly basic but the service is outstanding. The owners are always ready and willing to provide recommendations or tell you how/when to tour an attraction. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Aliasblackhawk
Haliburton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I arrived in Rome alone after my friend had to cancel going on this trip. I felt very apprehensive navigating the streets on my own, but Mary went through the directions multiple times till I felt confident. The breakfast croissants filled with your choice of chocolate, strawberry or cream were very decadent. I live in the country so the noise of a city would normally be difficult for me to sleep but by closing the thick windows I couldn't hear a thing and slept like a baby. The air conditioning and bar fridge worked well. The location was wonderful for catching buses and the subway as you could always look for a bus going to the Termini and know you were close to your hotel. The location felt safe as well, even in the evening. Wouldn't hesitate staying here again. Hope I have the opportunity. Thank you Mary and Carlo.

Room Tip: I was facing the street and had no problem sleeping but I use ear plugs. If you are a really light...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank wolvesmgr
Lacey, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you are visiting Rome for the first time or need help deciding what to do when you get there, stay at this hotel! Mary and Carlos are amazing hosts and will help you decide what to see and when. They are a wealth of info on everything from the museums to the best gelato stands. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Termini rail station (there is a bus shuttle from the airport to Termini), it is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Colosseum, 10 minutes to the Galleria Borghese, and 45 minutes to the Vatican (there are busses and the metro at Termini, much quicker). The room was comfortable, with a large bed, a TV, hair dryer, etc. There are only 6 rooms here I think, which gives it an almost B&B feel. There many shops and restaruants nearby. Will stay here again if I go back to Rome.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple