“Wonderful little hidden hotel”
Review of Welrome Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Welrome Hotel
Ranked #612 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We traveled to Rome in early May for our honeymoon and had a wonderful stay at the Welrome Hotel. The hotel is very conveniently located a few blocks from Termini station and is in walking distance of almost every major sight in Rome. There was a grocery store very close by and lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. The hotel itself is fairly basic but the service is outstanding. The owners are always ready and willing to provide recommendations or tell you how/when to tour an attraction. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Aliasblackhawk

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I arrived in Rome alone after my friend had to cancel going on this trip. I felt very apprehensive navigating the streets on my own, but Mary went through the directions multiple times till I felt confident. The breakfast croissants filled with your choice of chocolate, strawberry or cream were very decadent. I live in the country so the noise of a city would normally be difficult for me to sleep but by closing the thick windows I couldn't hear a thing and slept like a baby. The air conditioning and bar fridge worked well. The location was wonderful for catching buses and the subway as you could always look for a bus going to the Termini and know you were close to your hotel. The location felt safe as well, even in the evening. Wouldn't hesitate staying here again. Hope I have the opportunity. Thank you Mary and Carlo.

Room Tip: I was facing the street and had no problem sleeping but I use ear plugs. If you are a really light...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank wolvesmgr
Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you are visiting Rome for the first time or need help deciding what to do when you get there, stay at this hotel! Mary and Carlos are amazing hosts and will help you decide what to see and when. They are a wealth of info on everything from the museums to the best gelato stands. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Termini rail station (there is a bus shuttle from the airport to Termini), it is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Colosseum, 10 minutes to the Galleria Borghese, and 45 minutes to the Vatican (there are busses and the metro at Termini, much quicker). The room was comfortable, with a large bed, a TV, hair dryer, etc. There are only 6 rooms here I think, which gives it an almost B&B feel. There many shops and restaruants nearby. Will stay here again if I go back to Rome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkGoCougs
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Mary & Carlos are the best hosts at Welrome! Every morning I awoke to the most wonderful chocolate croissants and juice. The room was large and very clean. A short walk from the train station. Every time we needed directions Mary or Carlos were happy to help us and share their knowledge of beautiful and historic Rome. Very wonderful accommodations for a very fair price.
Mary & Carlos are two of the kindest people in Rome!

Room Tip: This hotel has a lift.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We chose this Hotel for our four-day stay in Rome after reading the good critic here, but when we got to the Hotel we were a bit disappointed. Maybe we had bad luck; for starters, the Hotel façade was covered with scaffolding, so you couldn't open the room window unless you were a plastic an tubes lover. This wasn´t however Hotel´s fault, and I hope they´ve already finished the restoration work. The reception and the room are very small, specially the bathroom, very old and poorly equipped. The towels were awful. The furniture was old and there was a tiny TV on a shelf. A narrow cupboard, three chairs and a little table completed the stage. The beds were good, but they should renew the sheets and the blankets. Nevertheless, this Hotel has some strong points which make of it a good choice for a short stay in Rome. Although the street is a bit noisy (as most of city´s streets are) the Hotel is very quiet, and the owners take care of this virtue. Besides, they are very kind and helpful. They love their job, and you can perceive it from the start; we arrived past midnight, but the owner took his time to show the room and to give us some valuable advices for our first day visiting Rome. They even lent me several books about Rome monuments that made my visit more profitable and interesting. I´ve travelled a lot, but I´ve never got such nice attention from a Hotel crew. Another point in favor of Welrome Hotel was that they renew the supplies (gel, shampoo, et alia) on time. The juices and the soft drinks in the fridge were free and the room has a hair-dresser too. You could prepare in the bedroom as many tees and coffees as you like, for it´s equipped with a domestic kettle.
CONTRAS: Old fashioned Hotel with old furniture. Narrow hall and neglected bathroom.
PROS: Well located, very kind and helpful crew, well supplied.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family