“Overall, very good experience”

Roma Boutique Hotel
Ranked #204 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
London, England, United Kingdom
“Overall, very good experience”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

As most of the reviews show, this hotel will be a very good choice, overall.
Just make sure you have anti mosquito lotion and never open the windows! We got bitten up all over every night...
Rooms are clean and very contemporary, do not expect a massive room, but it was more than enough for us.
All the service was excellent and treated us very well.
The area is very nice, safe and quiet.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I'm sorry to say that I was extremely disappointed - especially after having been e-mailing the hotel for over 2 months making sure everything would be how I wanted it as this was a very special trip for my wedding anniversary & we were staying here the longest - 8 nights so I wanted it to be just perfect. Also because I was paying most for this hotel out of all the other remarkable boutique hotels I stayed at around Italy - so I really was expecting something else. On a personal level the owner, Alessandro is a very very nice sweet host. He's very warm, very friendly, a true gentleman. Tries to help you out, & he's so very courteous. When we first arrived we immediately were impressed from the minute he greeted us, to when he took our bags, we were thinking wow thank god we chose this hotel! But that was soon to change, what came next was what upset me. He led us to a very nice room which we liked very much, only to find out I'd be staying in this room for 1 night only & then transfer to another room for some reason that didn't make sense to me, but since i was going to be moving to a 'BETTER' room & a 'NICER' room - with a better view, & I'm emphasising better because of how many times they said it, I thought ok why not - who can say no to something better. Roma was our last stop in our trip & we'd been moving around to 5 other cities so the point of staying in rome for 8 nights was to kind of relax & stop tugging our luggage around. I was annoyed as I'd booked a long time ago & there were more than 10 e-mails between me, Alessandro & sometimes Roberto, so it was a confirmed deal, there was nothing said about having to move me to another room or anything of the sourt. It was a real bummer as I felt like the hotel really weren't honest & they just wanted more customers without caring about customer service even if they over-book the hotel. We were very happy with the room we were staying at that night, it was very spacious, nicely designed, clean modern, newly rennovated, very minimal. Had all the necessaties, safe-deposit box & mini-bar. Bed was so comfy. The bathroom was also nice & modern. Another nice addition was the slippers & bathrobes. The Wifi was great, the tv had Sky which was perfect for my husband who's a football fan & the euro-cup was starting so he was happy. They had mini-chocolates on our pillows which was also nice. We were really impressed & quickly got over the fact that we'd be moving rooms tomorrow. They gave us a map & tried to explain where we were in relation to the must-see sights, where to go & what to do that day. We were so happy with how everything was going & were thinking WOW lucky us. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, but it was Ok. A variety of Brioches, sometimes muffins, cereal, yogurt. Very basic, nothing special. Cappucino was available which made me happy. So then came our move to our new 'BETTER' room, & that's when I was most disappointed. The room was by far smaller, still of a good size but it was much smaller. Similar interior except that my night light wasn't working.. The so-called view was really not a view at all, it was exactly the same. The bathroom de-humidifier wasn't working & the bathroom vanity light also wasn't working. The lighting in the bathroom was so low I couldn't use it for make-up purposes. & whenever one had a shower it got so stuffy we had to keep the door open afterwards to air it, which made our room stuffy. When I complained they told me it would be fixed on Monday (which was the day after tom.) & of course it was one of the many things they didn't do - 7 days later it still didn't get fixed. What came next was that there was no Wifi - at all! Nothing, & it was really important for my husband because he had to stay in touch with work & we had specifically been looking for hotels with free wifi...when we first complained to Alessandro we got the usual I'll fix it by noon it will be fixed. NOTHING. when we complained a second time to Roberto, he came to our room to pretend to care & see what the problem was, only to get the rudest response I've even heard. I was just appalled by his response, I didn't even know what to say, his response was 'its not my problem, what do u want me to do!!' I was really really disappointed, upset & let down. I felt like i'm being ripped off. We complained yet again to Alessandro & got ' the repair man's coming tomorrow' & he didn't. Nothing changed. When we complained a 4th time we got what do u need internet for, ur on vacation. Unfortunately not all businesses run that way. Anyway we got tired of complaining, noone cared enough to fix anything. We concluded that it was no use complaining, all they were good at was saying nice things to ur face...but doing nothing. Telling u what u want to hear, but actions speak louder than words! and there were no actions taken. The last disturbance was on the morning before leaving, when I went to take a shower early morning around 8am & there was absolutely no hot water. It was ice-cold. That was just like the cherry on top...that was it for me. I wished with all my heart I'd booked another hotel. I really didn't like the fact that they spoke to u in all care & concern, but the reality was that they didn't do nothing to fix what was my concern. On the day of departure I couldn't be happier to be leaving this hotel, I'd been all around Italy & was more than satisfied with everything but this...I WON'T BE COMING BACK for sure! I mean isn't it most important to satisfy ur guests at hotels when they r there?! I must say to be fair that Alessandro knew how unhappy we were & he did apologize upon leaving, & he gave us a 50 euro discount off the 8 night price. I do appreciate it, & I know that on a personal level he's a very nice man, we loved him the minute we arrived, but still when u've done this much planning for the perfect trip u just really want it to be that way! Albert was the best part of this hotel, he was so straight forward, so honest, so friendly & just makes u feel so welcome. He was so sincere & helpful, we wished he'd been around more often. Regarding the location, it's a really good one. There's a bus stop less than a minute away, the area's really nice, quiet. It's near from the sights u'd wanna see, u can easily get wherever u want to get. I'd recommend taking the bus - ur feet will thank u as u will be doing alot of walking. The free transportation from the hotel to the airport was also a great addition!

Room Tip: don't think any tip will help...it didn't with me!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Alex1962_11, Proprietario at Roma Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
I always read the comments of all my guests and I always want to thank everyone, but then I do not answer because I think that what remains in the heart is not in need of answers from me, but thanks to all.
I should not respond to negative criticism, as this long comment :). Thank you for the beauty of personal word to me, but I'm a bit disappointed with everything you wrote. remembrance of you, as all my guests, and your stay as long as your comment, we tried the best to fulfill your every desire daily, in your many requests, always answered by us. (And this I want to point out, NEVER WITH rudeness, disappointed because your final greeting was very warm and friendly that I never expected this judgment. I do not want to justify some of your frustrations, but they are much enlarged and I can not explain why. I would only say that the discount was a final tribute to my long term and not to apologize for something. also because I think that if they really did not like my hotel, you would be able to go somewhere else. your smiles in the morning, I did think about this. I am sure that as you wrote, even very large, you will not go ever again in my hotel, but I have always believed in life, for better or for worse, that loyalty is the first thing. prefer a bad farewell to a true smile.
However you are a beautiful couple and I wish you much happiness.
Alessandro Trapasso
Manager Roma Boutique
Calgary
Reviewed 17 July 2012

There are a few things that a hotel must do well to score highly in my book. Roma Boutique excels at all of them. The staff is very courteous starting with the owner Alessandro who is a true gentleman. He was a good communicator during the booking process, and sent us Limo Service to pick us up at the airport. Alessandro greeted us at check-in and helped us with our luggage. He continued to help us with suggestions of places to visit, and helped us with dinner reservations. He sent us to Osteria St. Anna which was the best meal while in Rome.

The rest of staff was also excellent, including Roberto, Albert, and the cleaning lady. Not only were these people helpful, but they went beyond their duty to make us feel welcomed. The room was modern and quite comfortable. The air conditioning was excellent considering the Roman heat. The safe was easy to use, and there is a mini-bar/fridge which we took advantage of. The flat screen TV is also quite nice, and there is a huge variety of TV stations in Italian or English. Breakfast is continental and quite adequate. They will make coffee or cappuccinos for you on the fly which is very nice.

Roma Boutique is located on Via Toscana across the street from the US Embassy, and two blocks away from the most famous road in Italy, Via Veneto. It is located 10 minutes away from the Spanish steps and only a five minute walk from the metro station (Barberini). We were very sad to leave Roma Boutique, but will be returning there as soon as we get a chance!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Always a great experience in the heart of Rome. Get precise directions because it is not easy to find. They've added some capacity to this small property. It is impeccable in its appoinments and furnishings. Being smaller, there is highly personalized service from Alessandro, Monica or any of teh staff you encounter.

Room Tip: all rooms I stayed in are equally excellent
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We just got back from our three night stay at the Roma Boutique Hotel and could not be happier! The service was amazing from start to finish. It's a small, family-run hotel that makes each guest feel welcome and at home. There were three of us travelling together and we stayed in what I think was their family suit. It was very spacious with a large room with a queen bed and an adjoining room with a pull-out couch and small dining table. The breakfast was great and is served to you in your room at the time you request. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends