“Fabulous!!”

Ranked #3,048 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Ontario
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

I booked Tomas off venere.com. The single room rate for the week was 48 EUROS so I wasn't expecting much. I have stayed in all sorts of hotels all over and this place is actually my favorite hotel of them all!!

The hotel is located right off the vatican metro stop and is about 15 feet past an ATM machine. There is a door man during the day on weekdays! The B&B is actually inside a little complex of apartments with courtyards inside of them. It is at the back of this complex and on the 5th floor!

When you arrive the young man that manages the place will show you to your room and hand you three keys. One for the main door, one for the B&B and one for your room. I was shown my room right away (8am) and got ready for my day. I was in a single room and it was small!! I had to place my luggage under the bed, but there is a closet to hang your clothes with plenty of hangers and drawers.

The bed is very comfortable and there are extra blankets if needed. There is also a window and you look out onto the courtyard inside the complex. There is an ensuite bathroom with a shower that is a bit small as well. I didn't have a problem with that. Also, the water temperature was always very warm. There is a tv in the room but it only has Italian stations on it, so if you can not speak Italian I would bring a book.

The B&B provides you with towels daily and a hairdryer if you request one.

Breakfast was delicious. There was usually a few croissants, yogart, and some misc other things served with your choice of drink.

There is an internet cafe around the corner complete with phones for international calls. It was really reasonable. To call Canada was 5 cents per minute. There was also a grocery store where you could pick up water/wine/pop which was again very reasonably priced. There is also a pharmacy about 20 feet from the B&B. There is lots of shopping in the area and lots of restaurants as well as takeout next door.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the Vatican and St. Peters Square. The convenience of the Metro can get you to the center of Rome in about 5 minutes as well. It costs 1EURO to ride the metro one way or 4EURO to be able to use all transport all day.

The manager is very helpful and friendly, he was very professional and provided great information and assistance whenever it was needed. The next time I am in Rome I will definately stay at Tomas again...and will reccommend it highly to friends and family!!

• Liked — The Staff, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank courtneykiki
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2007

Tomas B&B is conveniently located near the Vatican, and is easily accessible to the Ottaviano metro. I stayed in a single room, which was quite small and cramped, and the shower was a bit small too. For the price (about $70 euros) a night, its a good deal, though. The young guy who runs the place was nice, the breakfast was hearty although I was only able to eat 1 breakfast there. I know there are other cheaper bed and breakfasts around Rome, especially the convents/B&B, but Tomas's close proximity to the Vatican and metro was one factor I considered in staying there. I just wish the rooms were bigger. Also, some guests were a bit noisy.

• Liked — proximity to metro, vatican
  • Disliked — small rooms, noisy guests
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

Not bad considering the price. Didn't spend long therr but the owner was friendly and helpful. I had the single room which was very small but I didn't spend long in the room so it wasn't a big deal. The bathroom was nice and clean although on the first day there was no hot water from my shower. Luckily it was 32C outside so I survived the cold water

The location is great, right by the metro so getting around was easy.

There's no sign for the place so you need to just go with the address.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Small room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
IZMIR-TURKEY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2007

Just returned from a trip to Rome, Florence, Venice and Ljubljana. Rome was our first stop...
After reading trip advisor reviews we booked at this B&B directly therefore we thank all the review writers.

I advise this B&B for its great location. You just get off Ottaviano metro stop and you are there..... After long walking tours in Rome this is a big advantage really.

The B&B is also within walking distance to Vatican.

We stayed at a triple room. It was perfectly clean.. However for 3 of us it was rather small but we did not mind as we only slept there. The building has an elevator which is a convenience.

Breakfast is simple.

We thank Antonio and Kalin for their assistance. They kindly gave us a map and made explanations and gave advice for restaurants etc.
We would stay again there.

• Liked — great Location
  • Disliked — breakfast room too small.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2007

We were referred to the Tomas by the owner of another B&B we read about on TripAdvisor (she didn't have any rooms available during the time we would be in Rome). Great place, convenient location. Antonio is very nice. We had the one room that did not have an en suite bathroom and had to cross the kitchen to take a shower but it wasn't horrible (the bathroom door locks and we had the only key ). We will definitely stay here again (but hopefully in a different room).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Having to cross the kitchen to use our bathroom (but that was just our room)
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Robin1250