Hotel Saturnia
US$ 243
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 321
US$ 352
US$ 336
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
US$ 2,220
US$ 509
US$ 466
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2012

After reading all the positive reviews of this hotel I was fairly excited about the trip and thought my boyfriend had chosen rather well! However it's fair to say that I was underwhelmed and quite disappointed.

LOCATION
The hotel has a relatively central location, within walking distance of the main sights, however any hotel in the city centre boasts this trait! You don't need to stay at the Saturnia for that!

STAFF
The reviews on hear state that the hotel staff are outstanding.. I'd have to disagree I'm afraid. On arrival the hotel staff were not overly welcoming, and after attempting to ask where a nice restaurant would be for dinner (and getting no help!) we quickly developed a bad impression of them. This was somewhat rectified the following morning when one of the staff members kindly helped us find our feet and plan our route around Rome. However this was the only time that we saw him and the rest of the staff just weren't up to the same standard.

ROOM
We had a standard double room. However it was not a double, it was two single beds pushed together. Now I work for a Travel Agent and I understand that this trait is applicable in Europe as you often get two beds pushed together BUT this should only occur when you book a 'standard room' if the room type is stated as DOUBLE that is exactly what it should be. One of the beds was also damaged, the shower broken and the heating in the room failed to work.

FOOD
The breakfast at the hotel was awful. I'm sorry but there's no other way to describe it. They had croissants, ham and coffee. That really was the extent of the breakfast. Needless to say I only ate the breakfast once.

ROME IN GENERAL
Rome however is amazing! And I'd recommend it to anyone! Beautiful city and so much to see! Me and my boyfriend went from the 3rd of February - 6th February and we experienced Rome in the snow which was so pretty! Unfortunately a lot of the attractions were closed due to the freak weather, but hey, how often does in snow in Rome?! Makes for amazing photos! :)
TOP TIP: There are some amazing little restaurants near the Trevi Fountain definately worth a try, Al Picchio was our favourite.

OVERALL
I would recommend Rome to anyone! I just wouldn't recommend the Saturnia. If you're looking for a cheap but lovely little hotel perhaps look at the Columbia or the Amalfi (excellent 3* stars) or if you're looking for something more upmarket try the Capo D'Africa (4*+ stars).

Room Tip: Make sure when you book that you actually have an en-suite bathroom, as some of the rooms don't have this facility.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Claire R
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Saturnia for business for four days in January. This little hotel is a wonderful find and great place to stay. It is certainly small and simple, but I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. The staff are incredible and made me feel like I was in my own home. They could not have been more accommodating.
The location of the hotel is also ideal as it's within walking distance of the Stazione Termini and the Colosseum. Its location right off Via Cavour makes it easy to find without having all the noise that a large street brings.
If I were to ask for any improvement, it would be the breakfast. It was very basic and certainly not bad, but I would have appreciated some fresh fruit. However, this is a minor complaint.
Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CarrieinDenver
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This hotel is very close to most historical sites as Il Colosseum, Fontana di Trevi, Forum and the metro/train station. It is a very good choice as it is not expensive and it is really worth it! The service is awesome, the receptionists are very kind and help you in anything you need, specially Alessandro, a 22 year-old man born in Rome. This is a hotel I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pedro A
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had a single room with double bed/bathroom on the first floor overlooking the side street. The room was small but was clean and tidy - just what we wanted for a 3 night stay. Our room was overlooking the side street and although we left the windows open, we didnt experince any noise from the street, it was pretty quiet.

The breakfast lacked a little - coffee wasnt very nice, neither was the choice of food but was adequate to start the day.

Reception staff were friendly and overall a very nice hotel if you just want somewhere to sleep.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the colloseum and about 20 minutes to Trevi fountain. We caught the Metro to the Vatican but it wasnt a very nice experience so we walked back to the hotel from the Vatican and saw some lovely sights that we wouldnt have know about if we had caught the metro. Took us about an hour to walk back.
Also the hotel is only about 15 mins from Termini station and has a few metro stops around.

I would definately recommend this hotel due to its location. Lots of nice restaurants nearby and everything was within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Room & bathroom was clean & besides the nearby church bells in the morning a very plesent sleep. Breakfast was a good Italian breakfast.
Staff are excellent, we were travelling through the snow storms through Britain of a couple of years ago & they were more than happy for us to use their internet at the front desk in the middle of the night to check emails & flight information as we were flying to London the next morning.
A good location to stay with families, friends or as a couple.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple