“Awesome B&B”
Review of Annette B&B

Annette B&B
Ranked #409 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Pros:
-Location: right around the corner from the Vatican and walking distance to all other sites; also next to a boxing/fitness gym, if you want to get a workout in
-Secure: multiple locks, nice neighborhood, I felt safe at all times
-Facility: room had good air conditioning, functional kitchen, and a washer machine (which I did not use)
-Price: as I priced out other places in the same area, this felt like a great value
-Host: Annette provided good recommendations, was very friendly, and made herself available on WhatsApp

Cons:
-n/a

Other Notes:
-Breakfast was nice -- eggs, breads, juice, etc. -- nothing special, but definitely met expectations
-Provided a fridge if you wanted to buy your own food (with a store around the corner)

Room Tip: Room with private bathroom was nice; I believe the others share
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Very good location just 10 minutes from Vatican. Room was big and clean but the bathroom was outside in the hall. Free Wi-Fi and air-conditioning. Very service minded owner. Good breakfast. Thank you Gabriella.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Just came back from our second visit to Rome. The B and B is in a superb location for visiting all the major sites in Rome. The Vatican is a 5 minute stroll away and within 20 minutes you can be gazing at the Pantheon. Gabrielle was a perfect hostess and she made sure we were well cared for throughout our stay. Our room was large and had everything we needed. There was always a good selection of food available for breakfast including fresh croissants and coffee. We will definitely come back to stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017

I spent 4 nights in Rome attending a conference in the center of the city. The B&B , situated between the Vatican and the center was perfect to get everywhere on foot. Traveling alone, it was important too that I could return home at night and not feel vulnerable. Gabrielle welcomed me upon my arrival; a wonderfully warm and gracious host who couldn't do enough to make my visit comfortable. She made my bed everyday which is unusual in a B&B, changed my towels after two days and allowed me and another colleague of mine who wasn't staying at the B&B to leave our suitcases for a whole day until our flight left at night. The room was large and clean, the bed was so comfortable, a firm mattress, the bathroom was immaculately clean, WIFI was great, and the breakfasts were good, including eggs and yoghurt, especially the coffee. Gabrielle deserves a special thank you - she not only opens up her home but also her heart - which made my visit to Rome memorable. .

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Gabriela B, Proprietario at Annette B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Reviewed 11 October 2016

I adored my stay at Annette! The location could not be more convenient - just a 5 minute walk from Vatican City and right by Castel Sant'Angelo. The neighborhood is quiet at night, and the wifi is brilliant. Gabriela is so kind and accommodating; she e-mailed me as soon as I made my reservation to greet me and help me set up transportation from the airport, since I was arriving so late.

My only caution is that the walls are very thin, so you can hear every time a door opens in the hallway. As long as the other guests are respectful (which we all were during my stay), it's not a big deal, but it's worth knowing ahead of time.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo