“Annette B&B - home away from home”
Review of Annette B&B

Annette B&B
Ranked #409 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 December 2015

I visited my daughter who was studying abroad in Rome and on her recommendation, stayed at Annette B & B. Even before I left the US, the wonderful Gabriela was helping me with instruction on the most cost effective way to reach the property from FCO (there is a bus for 6 Euro!)

This property is located in a great neighborhood and within easy walking distance of many sites, and right out on Via Crescenzio we never had trouble getting a cab if we wanted to travel further than my feet wished to walk.

Gabriela is so wonderful, kind, and welcoming. She made breakfast every morning (she is happy to make whatever you would like) but oftentimes I slept in and missed breakfast. At any rate, each room is given a shelf in the fridge and with the grocery store in easy walking distance, it was perfect. She always had fresh fruit and the little crunchy toasts (they are packaged; not sure what they are called but I loved them!) left out for the late risers or afternoon snackers.

I stayed in both the room with the en suite bathroom and also in the room with the bathroom across the hall (when I returned after having spent a few days in Salerno.) All of the rooms are lovely, comfortable, and spotless (bathrooms included.) At first I was a little worried about having a room with a bathroom across the hall, but it really is not a big deal - it is still YOUR bathroom - not for just anyone to use - and it literally is three steps across the hallway. The showers are great - water pressure and hot water consistently!

The rooms are all large and comfortable. You can easily open the shutters to let light in, you can open the windows for fresh air, or you can close everything (which really makes it easy to sleep late...) I found the beds to be firm but quite comfortable and always slept like a rock. I understand some other reviewers were complaining about the TVs. They are small by American standards - but honestly, I didn't travel to Italy to watch tv. There was cable in every room, but the shows are in Italian of course. I enjoyed flipping on the tv and having the sound of the beautiful Italian language in the background.

I truly loved my stay at Annette B&B and it felt like home. Gabriela obviously takes great pride in her property and her business. Without us even asking, she surprised us with tickets so we could go see "Papa" speak at the Basilica on Wednesday. The tickets are free, but I would have had no idea where to get them. It was so thoughtful of her. She is happy to help with anything you need.

In closing, Annette B&B is a wonderful, locally owned, small, intimate bed and breakfast. It is spotless, comfortable, safe, secure, and run by a wonderful lady who truly takes pride in what she does. Annette B&B is the only place I will stay when I return to Rome - without question.

Room Tip: The room with the en suite bathroom is on the courtyard side of property
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Springsgal

Reviewed 19 December 2015

What an amazing place. I studied abroad in Rome for a semester and stayed here before I could move into my student housing. Gabriela, the owner, made me feel so comfortable: she recommended places for me to go and meet people and find good food, called a taxi for me when it was time for me to move into my student apartment, and cooked a beautiful full breakfast. The rooms are impeccably clean, showers have amazing pressure and are consistently hot (something that's not to be taken for granted in Rome-it's hard to find, trust me), and it's an amazing location. Right across the street from Castel Sant' Angelo, one of my favorite historical landmarks in Rome. Also only one street away from Via Cola di Rienzo, a popular street full of stores where lots of Romans can be found doing their shopping. When my mom came to visit me in Rome, I had her stay at Annette B&B also and her experience was equally amazing. Gabriela made her feel so welcome and comfortable. She was shocked to find such an amazing place to stay in Rome at such a reasonable price. I recommend this place to anyone staying in Rome, whether it be for a night or for 2 weeks. You won't find a more comfortable, personal, friendly, clean hotel for this price in Rome!!

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Perrin S
Reviewed 11 November 2015

After a very bad experience in another accommodation in Rome where we left early I'm happy we found this place. It's a small bed and breakfast with 3 rooms. Our room was big with an internal bathroom. It was very clean and comfortable. Gabrielle the owner is a very nice person and the breakfast she made was delicious.
Location is great too, just near the Vatican.
Would definelty visit again!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 36Cecilia
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Annette is incredible! She will do everything and anything to make your visit to Rome perfect. We slept in and she made us breakfast at 11. Our clothes were dirty. She washed them. We didn't have time to dry the clothes, she took them to roof and they were dry in 30 minutes! Great neighborhood. Great place! Make ensure you get the rooms with private bath.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jaredk255
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

This was a great little B&B in a fantastic location for a very good price - fantastic deal all around!

And Gabrielle was the best hostess - my family and I felt like we were staying with an old friend, as she treated us so nicely and gave us great information about what to do/see/eat in Rome.

I would highly recommend this place and will stay here again for sure.

Stayed: June 2015