“Fantastic house”
other travellers have booked this property
The Kitchen The Kitchen
double bedroom and bathroom
The Bathroom
big shower
The Bathroom
water bidet in the bathroom
multifunction shower
courtyard
courtyard by night
courtyard by night
Church of St. John's
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

glucaroni
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic house”
Reviewed 20 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Was a very nice stay, Gabriele, the host, was very helpful and the house has everything you need. I would come back here without doubt.

21 Mar 2018
Thanks to you for being in my house and for this review. Was a pleasure to see you again. Arrivederci
Marisheck...
San Francisco, California
“Convenient and central location”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Rome is a gorgeous city and location is very important. This apartment is located pretty well and it's easy to get to a major historical sites like Colliseum, basilica of St. Giovanni by foot. There are also a St. Giovanni Metro station and a few bussses stop are very near. The host Gabrielle is very friendly,helpful and informative. However, the apartment itself is just ok. It's located on the first floor of a apartment building and you can hear noises from all over. You can hear people talking, kids crying , smell sigarette smoking from the neighbours. There iare noises coming from apartment upstairs. Like people walking, sneezing, coughing,phone ringing, furniture moving. However, the major noise was coming from the metal gate which located next to the bedroom. The metal gates is the entrance to the building and it's opened and closed by each and every resident approximately every 20 minutes. You can hear it's clatching from the early morning to the late night or even up to 2AM . The apartment itself is consist of 2 bedroom, kitchen & bathroom. There is no living room with a couch to relax.The floors are made out of old ceramic tiles and many of them are loose and must be recemented in order to stay put. The apartment itself is ok but noisy and outdated. It needs some renovations.For the price you pay you expect a much better bedding, more comfortable pillows and newer softer towels.

23 Sep 2017
Hi, I thank you for being in my house but I would have some clarifications to do:
first of all I think all the beautiful reviews of the people who were at home before you are the best answer;
hundreds of people before you have appreciated the home. The home can definitely improve, but I do not think it's as ugly and loud as you described it.
We are in Rome and all live in very large buildings made up of so many inhabitants and many houses, it is absolutely normal that other people live their lives ( Like people walking, sneezing, coughing,phone ringing) and can make noises absolutely common. Maybe you're living in an isolated home but here in Rome it's different...
you wrote that there is no living room in the house, exactly, the description of the house is very clear and there are photographs that accurately reflect the home, so what's the point in writing?

The floor of the house is ancient and original, maybe some tile is not fixed well (I'll do it right away) but I do not think it's so important.Many people have appreciated it, they are personal tastes.
The house has a bathroom, one of the bedrooms, and the kitchen that have been renovated 2 years ago, how can one say it needs to be renovated?
there is an entire closet full of pillows, it sounds strange that you could not find a more comfortable pillows ...

thanks for the advice but I can recommend something to you: when you write the reviews try to be more objective and truthful, I believe that in the home, as in all things, there are negative things and positive things that you have not even written.
cheers.
Tour68984...
“Comfortable apartment in excellent location”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Close to San Giovanni di Laterano and metro stop. Across the street from awesome seafood restaurant, Chiara Scuro! Apartment was very clean and AC worked great. Great value for the price.

29 Jun 2017
Thanks to you for this review and for being in my house.
I'm happy that you enjoyed it and i hope to see you again.
Ciao
ece2212
Irving, Texas
“Wow!!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful experience with this vacation rental. The place was clean, close to the metro, and Gabrielle was wonderful. He provided us with site seeing tips, and was immediately available if we had questions. He also schedule a taxi to and from the airport. The location was perfect.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kitchen
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Jul 2016
Thanks for this amazing review! It was a pleasure to have you in my House and i hope to see you again. My House will be always open for you.
Ciao
Cyllan C
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Mind Blowing, Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed 1 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

First and foremost we would like to thank Gabriele for making such a wonderful apartment available. Would we stay here again, resoundingly YES!!!

Why? My wife and I hail from Trinidad & Tobago in the sunny caribbean, we are regular travelers and vacation rentals are our preferred choice of living space. The apartment was exactly as advertised and for a couple, left us with an extra bedroom, just as an additional space. In terms of convenience, guys it could not be better.

The subway is two blocks away at San Giovanni station that takes you everywhere you may want to go in Rome. The bus stop for almost 6 different lines is across the street from the apartment and I do mean, across the street.

For us we like to cook dinner sometimes, again across the street, grocery (100% organic), the peaches literally had dirt on them, its from the farm to you! Several restaurants and cafes, laundromat, barber shop, nail saloon, fish market and most importantly, the Appia Nuevo, is lined with exclusive and outlet stores where the same items are available as if in Rome central, but at around 15-20% less. BTW, September is the best time to visit Rome, less heat and less crowds..

The convenience of our home in Rome, was the most important thing for us, it provided us with the ability to explore the city at our own pace, shop when we must and to me, the best Gelato ever was sold on Appia Nuevo, when compared to Rome central...

Anyway, we've said a lot and I hope your experience is as good as ours, Ciao and Arrivederci...

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: It was amazingly convenient for all our needs
Liked least: not one thing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Oct 2015
wow! thanks for this amazing review! it was a pleasure to have you as my guest, you are fantastic people, very very nice, very polite and respecful of the house.I'm happy that you loved the house and the area. I try to do my best for my guest and is a fantastic read this things.
i hope that you'll come again in Rome or may be i'll come to your beautiful country!!
ciao e grazie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing