This review is long long long overdue, as my wife and I visited The Sun Space (one of 2 apartments that Rosa Maria owns/manages) nearly a year ago in 2011 for our honeymoon. We enjoyed Italy so much and told so many stories when we came home to Singapore that my parents are now planning a trip there. And where else to stay but with Rosa Maria's apartments! They are booked in with her, and I look forward to hearing their comments!
The Sun Space exceeded our expectations. It is a very comfortable, very clean, very well appointed and homely room. It is HUGE, and not just by Italian standards. 35sqm with a 12-15ft long balcony and a large and very modern bathroom The tourist photos on tripadvisor are not an accurate reflection of the apartment as we found that it was difficult to take accurate photos of the apartment (lighting and size). But really, it apartment was wonderful, and the kitchen-in-a-cupboard was more than adequate. Rosa Maria stocks a HUGE amount of continental breakfast items (cornflakes, biscuits, buns, spreads, coffee, tea) in the apartment that you are free to use. When we were there, we even had a large pineapple along with other fruits.
Location is good. There's a well stocked supermarket down the street (10min easy walk) in the event that you want to put the apartment's kitchen-in-a-cupboard to use (we did). It's the same easy walk to the nearest bus stop where you can catch frequent (10-15min) buses to the city centre or colosseum etc (a sightseeing 15min ride). Train station is also around the corner and so is Vatican City which is well lit and lovely to walk around at night.
Rosa Maria is great! She is a strong charactered Italian lady, very very genuine and Very very very helpful. You are well advised to take notes during her very well organized opening briefing when she first meets you in the apartment (haha). She is a wealth of knowledge and all her advice was spot-on. From your length of stay, she will tell you WHICH places to go and which places to not waste you time at (regardless of what the guidebooks tell you), HOW to make the more efficient use of your time traveling from place to place AND the cheapest ways (ROMA PASS!) to see all the places. We kept the map she gave us with her handwritten scribblings of bus numbers and order of sight-seeing in my back pocket the whole time we were in Rome. She also helped to arrange free parking (which she explained can be difficult sometimes), and even gave us a lift to and from the car rental place to return our car!
Stay at The Sun Space or The Moon Space for 2 equally important reasons - The apartments & Rosa Maria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B is found few meters from Plaza St. Pietro, very near to the Vatican Museums, The Sistine Chapel , Castel San' Angelo, also Piazza Navona, Trastevere and the whole Historical Center they are easily reached with brief walks. our rooms are provided with beds with mattresses and pillows in memory foam, warm and cold Conditioned Air, Satellite TV, Mini fridge, Safe and the Hair Dryer Every morning free Italian breakfast with all high quality products, The breakfast is served in room Upon request he B & B provides gluten free breakfast at an additional cost of 5€ per night In this area there are Restaurants, Trattorie typical of Roman cuisine, In the B&B it is no smoking Our rooms overlooking the Aurelie Walls are quiet From the windows you can enjoy the view of the walls and the gardens located inside them Bus lines connect the zone with the rest of the city. In the B&B there is a free WI-FI Internet signal Come and see us, we will friends ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Colonnato Di San Pietro Hotel Rome
- Al Colonnato Di San Pietro b&b