“Perfect choice!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
piantina della casa
grande parco del pineto nei dintorni
affaccio su tranquillo giardino privato
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dominika...
Zilina
“Perfect choice!!!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

...nice, clean,close to the bus stop, close to a restaurant and supermarket, perfect location, Paola is so helpfull!
Bus connnection to the city center is from early morning till late night and takes just few minutes.

12 Nov 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words, we are happy that your stay was good.
We look forward to accomodate you again, in the meantime we will improve our services to make your next holiday even more beautiful!
Thank you again and see you soon!
Angelique...
London, United Kingdom
“Too many fabulous aspects to mention . . . ramble alert!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I was looking for great hotel reviews in TripAdvisor when I stumbled across the vacation rentals area so I decided to have a look around and discovered that many of the vacation rentals are much cheaper than even the budget hotels.

I found this ad and compared the location from the city center to other properties and decided to send inquiry emails to a few. The response I received from Paola and Max was great. It was cheerful, helpful, and a great introduction and seemed to match the reviews I'd previously read on this property. What narrowed it down for me was the owner's flexibility with confirmation of my booking. As we got closer to the date of my arrival, and then on the date, I received a lovely email of excitement welcoming me to Rome and all the information I'd need to get to the property (bus and train schedules then directions to the property). Unfortunately, my flight was more than an hour late so Paola arranged for a car for me after my flight took off and a driver was waiting for me at the airport when I landed. (This wasn't the cheap ride in I'd wanted, especially when the extra cost was because there wasn't an accommodation made for me to arrive later than 10pm however the fact that Paola took her time in the few hours before my arrival to set this up for me made up for this fact as this wasn't something she was required to do at all.) When I finally arrived at the property, Paola greeted me outside, and took me through her welcome pack, a tour of the property showing me where everything was, and information on "getting started in Rome" which was extremely helpful getting in so late and on my own.

Another great thing I really appreciated was Paola's willingness to respond, quickly, to my emails everyday when I couldn't quite work out a particular aspect of the city. I was supposed to travel with my partner but he couldn't make it and the fact that the bus to/from the city center stopped literally just outside the property was a great help, not to mention, that it was only about 10 minutes to the Vatican.

The location of this property also gives you an opportunity to visit restaurants that are off the tourist path and prices are more reasonable and with this being a home, with full kitchen, I was able to have WARM leftovers on more than one occasion (you can't get that in many hotels).

I will be returning to Rome next year with my mother and we will definitely be staying here and from my pictures and posts on social media, several friends now want to stay here on their visits to Rome.

Thank you, Paola and Max, for a wonderful stay on my first of many trips to Roma. I will see you again!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: I loved that the bus into town came right outside the door for pick up and drop off. As a solo female traveler, I really appreciated this detail to the property.
Liked least: Unfortunately, the buses aren't that frequent but that isn't particular to this part of town or this bus. I noticed this is just how
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Oct 2013
Thank you very much for your words! we are happy to know that La Casa delle Peonie is appreciated !
We try to make our Guests feel at home with all the comforts we can offer.
We like to accommodate them, because for us it is always like being a bit on holiday!
So thanks again, we look forward to see you again in Rome also in other period of the Year!
Plock, Poland
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The small things making the property unique
Liked least: Lack of balcony
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Oct 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review, we hope that you have good memories from this beautiful city. We felt pleased to accommodate and meet you. Hopefully to see you back.
Thanks again and best wishes!
Kate_DC_2...
Washington, DC
“Excellent Apartment!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

La Casa delle Peonie was excellent! The apartment had everything we needed for a one week stay. It was wonderful to be in an apartment in a nice neighborhood - so much better than a hotel.

The apartment was very clean. Lots of closet space, all the kitchen amenities, great wifi connection, laundry, and a very clean bathroom and shower. There were very large beautiful windows in each room. A wonderful breeze comes through the windows and there is also a nice ceiling fan in the bedroom. The building was quiet and it felt like we were actually living in Italy not just renting a room like at a hotel. We walked up the 4 flights or took the small elevator (which worked perfectly). It was fun to explore the neighborhood and go to the market nearby, and to try out the pizza places and the gelato shop down the street.

The bus stops right outside the apartment. I recommend checking into it if you plan to use public transportation to get a head start on what buses you will want to take. The metro stop is about a 15 minute walk (depending on how fast you walk), but you can take the bus to many locations. Also, the Appiano station is very close - this is a local train which is one stop from the metro and also goes to Termini station. Be careful to ensure you don't get on an express train - we did and went 10 stops instead of 1!

The owners of the apartment - Paola and Max were very friendly and helpful. They arranged transportation to/from the airport directly to the apartment which was very much appreciated after such a long trip from the US. They ensured we had everything we needed and checked on us throughout the stay to answer any questions which was very helpful as we planned our daily sightseeing, as well as a side trip to Sorrento. Meeting them was a highlight of the trip as they are such lovely people!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, clean apartment with everything you need!
Liked least: figuring out connecting bus routes; bought a bus map and it was helpful
Families with young children
15 Oct 2013
It 's always nice to accommodate people pleasant and polite and have a chance to know them!
Kate was a perfect host, independently, she immediately felt at ease, but the thing we liked the most was that she took care of the house as if it were his own.
We recommend this very welcome guest and we hope to see her soon.
Thanks again Kate!
CLC930
Encinitas, California
“Beautiful Apartment”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Great apartment! Hotel rooms are just not as spacious in Europe as they are in the United States so we searched for an apartment for our trip. This apartment was just perfect and gave us enough room to move around and be comfortable. ! I really enjoyed coming home to an apartment after a day full of sight seeing....instead of being cooped up in a small hotel room.
The internet connection was great....and the shower had plenty of hot water and great pressure. The kitchen has everything you would need to prepare a meal, but what I was happiest about was just how clean the apartment was. Everything was clean, tidy and new.
The apartment building is very quiet day and night and has a small elevator. The view out the windows is beautiful looking out on a small courtyard and there is a breeze that blows through everyday that is wonderful. If you look off to the right you can see just the top of St Peters dome, which I enjoyed looking at every day.

The apartment is in a safe friendly neighborhood outside of the "tourist" areas...but very convenient to get to and from the city. I enjoyed staying amongst locals and going to the local businesses and restaurants. I fell in love with the pizza around the corner at Pizza Art and I would encourage you to eat there as much as possible. The employees are very friendly and the prices are great. The bus stop is at the front door and once you get to know the bus schedules it is wonderful to be picked up and dropped off at your door. I would recommend doing some research into the bus schedules and routs before you arrive because it takes a few days to learn. We did walk to St. Peters twice and it was about a 20 minute walk if you opt not to use the bus. The metro station is a 15 minute walk down the hill to Cipro and the metro is very easy to use.

As charming as this place is and conveniently located, the best part of Casa delle Peonie is the owners. Max and Paola are simply wonderful and so much help. They met us at the apartment and welcomed us while showing us what we needed to know for the week. They kept in contact with us the whole time we were there through e-mail. Paola e-mailed us to alert us of a possible bus strike and answered any question we had to ask. I e-mailed her a bunch of questions and I thought for sure I was bothering them but she got back to me immediately and was so pleasant. They made everything convenient for us and you can’t help but love them both. If you want to live like a local in a beautiful apartment, ride to town each day with the locals, this place is for you! I will most definitely recommend this apartment, and hope to return someday myself!
Thank you Max and Paola for a wonderful stay.

Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: I loved how clean the apartment was.
Liked least: It took me a while to figure out the bus schedule, probably my fault.
Families with young children
12 Oct 2013
I have to admit that there are people with whom you have a certain feeling right now, and certainly with Coral and Kathrine has been so, since the first contacts.
They were extremely nice and friendly with us and very respectful of the house. The thing we were most pleased have been sharing their day with us, it was a bit like being on holiday with them .... They appreciated the house with its comforts and they are also interested to learn more about the neighborhood.
It was a great pleasure for us to meet them, we recommend these guests because we are sure they will be very appreciated everywhere.
Thank you for choosing us for such a memorable occasion and we hope to see you again in Rome or.....!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing