“Outstanding cocktails prepared by Maurizio!”

Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #87 of 13,953 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 46 - US$ 114
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: There is a whole different taste when you dine with us. Long moments to be savoured in an elegant and relaxed atmosphere, discovering the simplicity of traditions and indulging in the typical products of Italian cuisine. The flavour and appeal of the freshest and finest ingredients are enhanced by the creative preparations, such as smoked food and homemade pasta by our Chefs, Massimo Gonnella and Adriano Grech. True pleasures to smell, taste and enjoy. Nothing less than a perfect culinary experience, modern but also ancient in its way of sensing every nuance of flavour. To enjoy without needing to hurry, but respecting the times and ways of nature and that of our traditional recipes. A real Italian dining experience.
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Popped up to the rooftop for our complimentary welcome cocktail and was charmed by the ambiance and our bartender Maurizio who made us these beauties! Worth the trip and ask for Maurizio!

2  Thank EljeffeMoney

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Located above the Hotel Artemide, in the same corner of downtown Rome as the major Roma Termini train station, this mid/upscale restaurant lived up to its good reviews and my expectations. The service was particularly good and attentive.

In an adventurous turn of events, a significant thunder and lightning storm rolled in just as we enjoyed our appetizers and wine... and views of the Vatican cathedral in the distance. The staff quickly moved rooftop diners to a indoor tables to enjoy our delicious dinners.

Reservations highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank NWbasecamp
Ambrosia_Restaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear NWbasecamp,

thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to have been able to meet your expectations despite the sudden climate change!

Unfortunately, the months just passed, with sudden downpours, were absolutely out of the standard of Rome, where it really never rains in summer.

Come back to see us soon, we would like to have the opportunity to provide a perfect experience hoping without any unexpected events.

Arrivederci!

Roberta Vinci
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

It was our first night in Rome celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, but after a days flights and broken sleep in Economy, we were ready for a quick meal and bed. We found Ambrosio Bar and Restaurant near our hotel and must admit I didn’t expect much from a hotel restaurant. How wrong we were. We were greeted by Sali who seated us in this rooftop bar with skyline views of the Vatican in the sunset distance. We asked Maurizio for a cocktail recommendation, he said leave it to me and returned with two green vodka cocktails, so good! This set the mood and we subsequently forgot our jet lag and had a romantic evening, we shared a salmon entree, I had the risotto and Steve the Monkfish. Sali surprised with some complimentary extras which was a nice touch, and washed down with a bottle of Pinot Grigio. We had a lovely evening and enjoyed the food but it was Maurizio and Sali’s wonderful service that made our evening special. Grazie Mille Gentlemen!

2  Thank WebbsRus
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Ambrosia Restaurant for our last meal in Rome.
We rang ahead to book a table and they managed to fit us in at short notice.
The service we received from start to finish was outstanding, it was attentive but not intrusive. I find in London the service can be over the top, I feel Ambrosia has got it just right.
We had an Amuse Bouche of egg, smoked salmon and onion chutney which was lovely.
To follow we shared the smoked pork fillet with apple and fennel which was absolutely delicious. Served with a variety of breads and oils it was the perfect way to start.
For our main courses my parter had the beef fillet which she really enjoyed. I had the Lobster which was served with a pearl barley risotto and new potatoes, this dish was ok but I found it was a bit dry and lacked the ‘wow’ factor.
To finish we shared a Tiramisu which was my highlight of the meal. It was served with a shot of strong alcohol which worked really well with the sweetness of the Tiramisu.
After finishing our food, we were then invited to move outside onto the terrace to enjoy a cocktail to finish our evening. My partner had the Strawberry Caprioska which she said was one of the best she’s had, and I had the Apple Martini which was great - nice and strong too!

Overall we had an amazing final night thanks to the great team at Ambrosia so we would like to thank you very much! Also, I’d like to say a special thank you to our waiter (I didn’t catch his name) as the service he provided was excellent and really made the experience for us.

We will be back!

2  Thank matthX7694EV
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Hotel Artemide's Restaurant, Ambrosia, has a nice outdoor terrace ambience on the rooftop. We had lunch twice and it was just okay. Where this restaurant really shines is during dinner service---it's like they have two different levels of chefs during the day vs night. For our lunches, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich both days and it was very good. My husband had a hamburger one day and a turkey sandwich the next day and both of his entrees were lackluster. Our waitress, Lara, was very good and friendly but the preparation time of the food in the kitchen was very slow by American standards. At dinner time, this place was amazing. Maurizio was the bar mix master who made yummy cocktails. Our waitress/server, Valentina, did a fabulous job and made great recommendations when asked. The chef had given us a complimentary smoked salmon/hard boiled egg mini appetizer that was scrumptious and an excellent way to kick off the meal. I ordered the picked swordfish appetizer which was out of this world. My husband enjoyed his prosciutto with melon. For the pasta course, my husband had the cheese & spinach ravioli and I had the tonnarelli with shrimp, lemon and tomatoes. Both pastas were divine. For the main entrees, I had the beef fillet with bernaise sauce and my husband had the breast of duck. While both were delicious, we both agreed that the fillet was the better of the two entrees. We didn't have room for dessert but they brought us some decadent biscotti with a chocolate dipping sauce. Highly recommend for dinner. They need to improve on their lunch cuisine & kitchen prep time.

1  Thank Renee L
Ambrosia_Restaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Renee L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed and candid review of your recent experience with us.

You are absolutely right when you say there are two different levels of service between lunch and dinner.
In fact, lunch is provided by the Hotel’ Bar, and it is meant to deliver a simple menu for a light and simple lunch with options ranging from a multitude of different salads to various types of sandwiches, pasta and a few main courses.
Dinner, however, is where Ambrosia restaurant delivers a totally different experience, offering a refined menu in a cosy atmosphere and we are glad to know that you had the chance to experience it.

We appreciate all feedback, both negative and positive, as they are helpful tools in identifying our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to service and our product.
Rest assured that your feedback will be discussed at our next meetings in order to improve our services.

We are also very happy to read your take on our staff service and in particular, we are thrilled to know that Maurizio, Valentina and Lacra, provided an exceptional service during your visits. I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to them.

We truly hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Arrivederci,