“Are Tuesday's the night for bad service?!”

La Taverna Italiana
Ranked #518 of 12,367 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 39
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: Typical Italian cuisine. Fresh fish every day, open lunch e dinner every day, adapted for romantic dinner.
Denver, Colorado
“Are Tuesday's the night for bad service?!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I just read the reviews for this restaurant and I am surprised to see such nice reviews given that my experience here was far from good. We were greeted and sat right away but after that it all went down. We ordered an appetizer and 2 pastas, one for me and one for my husband. About 10 minutes later our pasta came out but no appetizer and we never were able to get our waiters attention for the rest of the night! We noticed all the other tables around us were given bread which we were not and that would of been nice to have with our pasta. Again, we try to get the waiters attention to ask for our appetizer and bread and he continues to walk right by our table as though we were not even there, ignoring us. Even when my Husband waved his hand in the air as he walked by us he still did not stop by. We finished our pasta and someone else came and took our plates. We sat. Nothing at our table and our drinks were empty. We sat. Nothing! No one came by and our waiter continued to ignore us! Is this normal for a Tuesday or something?! We would have liked to order more food but so much time had passed and you can only take being ignored for so long so all we wanted was the check. What a battle that is! You can't get anyone's attention, ignored again. My Husband had to get up and walk inside the restaurant (we were sitting outside) and ask someone for the check and gave our credit card to him. About 10 minutes later our first waiter who had been ignoring us the entire time came by with our credit card and receipt and did not say one word to us! So rude! Did we do something wrong, I don't get?! Anyway- If you like good service and want to receive the food you order- skip this place! Out of a 10 day trip in Italy, this was the worst service we had by far! I made sure to take a picture of the restaurant sign on our way out thinking I did not want to forget the name of this place specifically so I could write a review on Tripadvisor.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank MrsDocksey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“From day one, they made me feel welcome in Rome!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The folks at La Taverna Italiana Roma are wonderful and the food delicious! I have eaten here every day. The fish, pizza, lasagna, ravioli - all is fresh and well made ... I have been well-fed! I am not surprised those who have visited this restaurant rate it is high! Thanks to everyone at La Taverna Italiana for a superb experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing fancy, just great authentic food!”
Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

If you have a big group, you need to go here. Fantastic food at a fair price - not like the ridiculous prices around the different tourist traps. It is a five minute walk from the Manzoni metro stop. Take the metro, take a walk and have a great meal! My family had a great time here - it was relaxed, authentic and enjoyable. I recommend their house wine - perfect with whatever you order...

Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Authentic Italian Restuarant”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I just stumbled upon this restaurant with a couple of my friends who were visiting Rome. We sat down and immediately were greeted by very friendly Italian waiters with lots of personality and very attentive service. The pizzas were delicious and very generous portions, and the pasta carbonara knocked my socks off, I was thoroughly depressed when it was all finished. The owner of the La Taverna Italiana, Giovanni, even came by our table to make sure we were satisfied. The staff spoke many different languages, and therefore able to accomodate an international clientele. Aside from the great food and great service, the prices were completely affordable, and perfectly matched to the delicious cuisine. Overall one of the best experiences I've had at any authentic Italian restaurant here in Rome!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Redcliffe, Australia
“Superb Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Absolutely amazing little taverna, the freshest pasta and pizza, excellent attentive service from the multi-lingual staff, very friendly and very affordable prices. I ate here 5 times and it was impressive each time. The pasta was the best I had in Rome, they make the pasta fresh( not frozen) and you can easily discern the difference and high quality. Do try. I visited by myself and the staff made me feel very welcome.

• Visited May 2012