“Good place”

Ranked #598 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
New York City, New York
“Good place”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

It's not fancy, but it's a great basic hotel. It's the second time that I stayed in this spot. It's in a great location, it's very clean, and it's affordable. The rooms aren't huge, they are clean, they have free wifi, a secure lobby, and the staff is very nice and accomodating. A great place!

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are really quiet!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank LANYC1110
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We are at Hotel Panda now. We love it. It's safe, clean and the location is amazing. Everything is walking distance. We are with our 11 and 13 year old kids. We're from NYC and so we're used to walking. Still, we've barely used any transportation, except when it was pouring rain. We've walked from the hotel to the Colosseum, Forum, Pantheon, Vatican, Trevy Fountain, and other major sites. The hotel is quiet, as it's located in a pedestrian only area. Still, I'd read tripadvisor and asked for a room on the courtyard side just in case. We have a quad. It's quite cute, cream walls, about 14 foot ceiling with ancient wooden beams. My kids are in a bunk bed. The bath is big enough and has a sculpture in it! No bath, just shower but the water pressure and temp are ok. Wifi is great. Towels are large if not fluffy. My ny warning is that my husband came a day early and I'd reserved a single on the courtyard. He said that the little room looked out n something more like an air shaft than a courtyard. Our present quad has a small balcony (which we can't go out on) and plants, a view of the sky and the sound of birds. It's very restful. I'd definitely come back here and would recommend it to friends. They recommended a great little pizzeria nearby, non touristy in a touristy area. It's called Pizzaria Al Leoncino and it was a perfect genuine Italian place for locals.

Room Tip: There's no pool and no restaurant. Quad on courtyard #33 is excellent.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank CharityClarity
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in March 2012. It's in a great location a couple of blocks from the Spanish Steps and quite a bit cheaper than most hotels in the area, and I had stayed here happily many years ago in my backpacking days. I was a bit worried about whether it would prove to be too spartan for my tastes these days, but it was fine, though basic. The people at the front desk were friendly (and emailed us right away when we left to tell us we had left our camera in the room) and the room was clean and not too small for comfort. We were in room no. 20, which was right by the reception and looked out over the street, but we were not disturbed by noise during our stay in the least. I might opt for something nicer next time, but I don't regret staying there and I'm glad of the money we saved by doing so.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kaf8e
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We (a couple) stayed three nights in March, 2012. We had room 29, which has an en suite bathroom with shower (not all do). The room was big enough for us-it had a single bed (made a great suitcase stand) in addition to the double, and a closet for hanging coats. My guess is that all rooms are not that large, based on other postings. There is no lift for the hotel. The reception area is on the 2nd floor (3rd to Americans), and the rooms are on the 2nd and 1st floors. It is only 2-3 blocks from Spanish Steps, and the price in mid-March was 108 Euro/night. Breakfast is not included, but there is a nearby cafe that opens at 7:00.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redshale
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here in May 2011 for 3 nights. There was myself, my husband and my little girl who had just turned 1. The location of this hotel was fantastic, great for restaurants and all the sights. Also very convenient to nip back which was very hand with a baby.
Cannot say I noticed much noise, it certanly didn't keep us awake.
The room was an ok fair size but very very clean and the staff were fantastic, couldn't do enough for us. They provided a cot bed for my baby which again was spotless, set it all up and provided all the bedding. Much better service than I would normally get in the uk.
Cannot rate it high enough if you want a cheap, friendly hotel in the centre of Rome.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family