2,076 results
All reviewsvia nazionaletrevi fountaingreat locationwithin walking distancespanish stepstrain stationcentral locationon footmain attractionsbuffet breakfastmin walkroman forumpastriesvisit to romemajor siteseurostarsvatican
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Stayed in this 4 star hotel for four nights.
Brilliant room, Clean, great size, clean well stocked bathroom with shower. Free WiFi throughout. Good size TV, only one english programme (BBC News)
One of the best breakfasts I have had anywhere in the world. Great dining room with a wonderful selection.
Evening meal was good, lacking in atmos as it is small and not well used by residents which was a shame as the meal we had was first class with the addition of excellent friendly service.
The reception staffa lso were very friendly and most helpful with directions and tickets to all the attractions Rome has to offer.
Another great idea is they can order a taxi for you, you are handed a 'ticket' to give the driver. We ordered 4 taxis, each one arrived, despite it being during busy periods, within minutres.

Room Tip: Depending on what you want, this is a large hotel. We chose a main road facing room on the 4th floor, that was our choice.
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I've been in the hotel 20 Apr with my housband and 2year old son, the weather became cold and the room was so cold and when I asked several time to on the heat equipment , they just answered me that they would speak to manager!!!and it didn't happened or the policy of manager was that..., we all caught cold and until now we didn' t get well.The location is perfect but it does cost too much because we are still ill , and no body , I think , cares...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shiva H
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Firstly the hotel is about an hour from the airport which did cost a lot of money to travel by taxi so I suggest you get a train or bus if possible.

When I arrived at the hotel the staff were friendly but told me to go to lift three floor three but i spent 30 minutes trying to find lift three. I did ask a maid but she spoke little English. Eventually when found and I went up to my room it was very clean and spacious which I was surprised about as it was a single room. The bed was huge!!

I did notice the bathroom had lots of limescale and there was no power shower the shower seemed very old and needs updating.
I did call down to room service to ask for some tea to be brought up to the room which took 50 minutes then when it arrived it was tea for two when I asked for one but then had to pay anyway even though it was their error.

The hotel stated the was wifi however it was not working at all on the two days I was there. Also the hotel claimed there would be free newspapers to read however there was none available.

I did not think customer service was great and the staff could have done more everything seemed like an effort. I would not consider staying here again

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank csahonta
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We booked this hotel , like most couples, not really knowing what it would be like. We we so pleased. The building is beautiful and typically Roman. The staff and rooms were perfect for us. Clean towels daily. Safe in each room with a Master safe at reception.Ideal location withing walking reach of just about everything. Nice restaurant,menu and bar.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Based on the positive reviews here, we decided to stay at this Hotel for our weekedn get away. Unfortunately our room did not look like the ones they show on this site and on the site of the Hotel. It was tiny with windows covered in heavy, old and worst of all dusty drapes. As I am allergic to mites, more precisiouly the dust they produce, I left Rome with rashes and conjonctivitis (both due to my dust allergy).
The floor was carpeted and not well cleaned. In some spots, due to age/use, the carpes was unraveling, the door frame was very wobbely and dusty, the bathroom taps & toilet continously running. The bath itself had craks and dents making it look dirty & lighting in the bathroom was close to inexisting. We had to leave the shower curtain open to find the soap. The bathroom door, appart from it being dented due to the toilet being just behind, would make a terrible banging noise when you tried to open it; the hinges clearly needed ajusting. The cosmetic mirror was of no use as ill lit and hanging losely on the wall. The heating in the bathroom was dripping relentlessly.
Due to all of the leaking of water there were chalk marks all over the bathroom.
As the weather was quite warm (24°C) & the sun was beating on the windows during the day, we asked the reception why our air conditonner was not working. We were told that it was not switched on & that they had no intention of doing so. We selopt with the windows open...I do not need to mention that noise was an issue.

On top of all of this, the room stunk of the canalisation & b reakfast was poor. The floor was constantly dirty, as well as the table and chairs. The quality of the breakfast was very low aswell. We were served stale toast bread and only once did they have bread rolls, which luckily were fresh.

I think everyone would agree that what I described is not up to the standards of a 4 star Hotel.
I must say that I have great difficulties understanding how people could have found this Hotel good...maybe it was just our room that was terrible...so if you'd like to stay at this hotel never the less, avoir room 510!