2,302 results
All reviews metro station privilege room il tunnel accor hotels residential area local cafe nice hotel very pleasant stay free wifi around the corner minutes walking gelato quiet location buffet breakfast rooms are small mini bar main attractions
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We would highly recommend this hotel for a holiday or business stay in Rome. It was well managed, all the staff were helpful and friendly and there was always a high standard of service. Our room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast offered a good selection of dishes and drinks, which was varied slightly over the week.
Bologna is a good area to stay in. It is just outside the main city center and about 10 minutes on the metro or 15 by bus from the main transport interchange - Terminii. This is a residential area and there is a good selection of restaurants and shops. You do not need to to go into the center for an evening meal. The area is pleasant to walk around at night. Public transport will get you to all the major attractions fairly quickly - even in the rush hour.
The hotel is on a side street and is about 2 minutes walk from the metro. The street is quiet and we were not disturbed by traffic noise even though our room was on the front of the building.

Room tip: Our room was on the front and this was a quiet room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood away from major traffic routes so the room was quiet. Room was very small but clean. Wifi was reliable. bed was firm but comfortable. Front desk and bar service was friendly and efficient. Breakfast buffet was average. Hotel was quite a distance from major attractions but within walking distance of the metro.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GMMPB3304, Front Office Manager at Mercure Roma Piazza Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you to let us know about your stay in our Hotel.
The opinion of our guest is always important to us.
I hope you can give us another change in the future, and choose our Hotel again for a future stay in Rome.
Regards
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Having decided to use up some bonus points from the Le Club Accor membership we stopped 3 nights / 4 days here.
about 3km from the center of Rome, and maybe 200 meters from the nearest tube stop its easy to find, and conveniently located for metro, buses & trains around the area.
Pleasant decor from the outside, with free USB charging in the lobby, a pleasant bar area, and buffet breakfast zone, Note that there is no real restaurant here, although they do have a small menu to choose from.
The room was spacious, with a well stocked (chargable) mini bar. Note the unmarked alarm cord in the bathroom!
The towel rail on the wall was lopsided & appeared that it needed a good clean behind, with the mirror in the bathroom needing replacing due to age showing around the outsides.
The breakfast bar was well stocked, cereals, yogurts, pastries, cake, biscuits, toast, bread, pancakes, waffles. the only "English" hot breakfast was diced up chicken "frankfurter" style sausages, bacon & scrambled egg, which I suspect, was more for the Americans with the pancakes & waffles rather then the British.

All in all we would stop in the hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My experience with all the Mercure hotels which I visited so far, was very good.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about this one. Here is why.

In general my experience was OK. The hotel is located very close to the metro station, in a good area which isn't far away from the city center. This was a big plus when I considered this hotel, even though I would have preferred a 4 star, instead of a 3 star hotel.
Also the reception staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was decent and had a comfortable bed.

But...

The room cleanness and features were not as good as I expected and that turned me down.

When I first entered the bathroom and sat down on the toilet, I noticed a a big stain of s**t or mucus on the wall just next to the toilet (see attached picture). Very embarrassing for a 3 stay hotel.
Moreover, the face towel was very dirty. Dirty as not properly washed, or not washable (unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of this).
Fortunately, the towel was changed the next day. (but nobody cleaned the wall).

Now, going back in the room I noticed that the teakettle was also quite dirty, not being properly cleaned of chalk. Again, quite embarrassing...

After seeing all of the above, I started to be very pick, so I would want to mention that the hotel didn't provide any glass cups for tea or coffee, instead they offered plastic cups. Normally I wouldn't have any problem with that, if it wasn't for the useless glass ashtrays from the room and from the bathroom.
So basically they provide ashtrays with a non-smoker sign in a non-smoker room (basically useless object), but no glass tea cups? Really?!?

Not to mention that the TV cables were hanging on the wall (as shown in the picture), and the wood paneling was scratched in many places.

In conclusion, I wasn't very happy about this hotel. If they price was lower, I would have more easily accepted all the issues described above.

However I can say that had much better 3 and 2 star hotel experiences for less money than the premium I payed for this one (even after the AccorHotels member discount).

Cleanness is the top most important service you would expect from a hotel, and unfortunately this one failed to reach the basic expectation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMMPB3304, Front Office Manager at Mercure Roma Piazza Bologna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Roma Piazza Bologna. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We already took the appropriate measures to address the cleaning problems and prevent future occurrence.
About the cups, Accor is committed to save the environment, so we use recycled paper cups instead of glass ones in order to use less water and soap to wash them. The ashtrays remember to our guest that is not possible smoke in the some of the rooms, obviously we can provide smoking rooms or an inside garden to be at the open air.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Friendly, welcoming staff fluent in English. Comfortable rooms equipped with modern bathroom and safe deposit box. Hotel located in quiet neighborhood and yet near all amenities. Just a few minutes walk to metro, Good rapport quality-price. Would definitely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com