1,051 results
All reviews tiber river nice hotel minute walk balcony room vatican city roof terrace main attractions within walking distance spoke english mini bar on foot busy street city break trevi fountain metro sights castel
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

If you don't mind walking this hotel is within walking distance to all attractions, It has a lovely entrance facing the river. The room was as expected clean tidy with Italian charm. The staff were on hand to help too. Only thing I'd say that disappointed us was the evening menu nothing we wanted so don't let that put you off as you'll prob be eating out we only going to eat there after a 14 mile day walk feet a bit sore . Take comfortable shoes it's a must .

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Donna Laura Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear "Happyc0uple2",
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay and to have chosen our Donna Laura Palace for your stay in Rome.
I am delighted to read that you had a good stay with us and learn you appreciation about our Hotel.
I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.
With best regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very pretty, the decor is elegant, the breakfast was very beautifully set up with interesting items.
The location is good and easy access to most interesting locations. The beds were so hard! I'm not sure why the beds in so many hotels in Italy were so hard! I could have been sleeping on a board! I would recommend to Invest in some pillow top mattresses!

Date of stay: March 2017
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Donna Laura Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear "NyMazpaz",
Thank you for your 4-star review and to have chosen the Htl Donna Laura Palace for your stay in Rome. We are proud to hear that we met your expectations and happy to learn you appreciation about our Hotel.
A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I have shared your review with my whole team. We are very much grateful for your compliments.
We hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests,

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

A half hour walk along the Tiber/Tevere to Stadio Olimpico for a match. The other side of the river from Piazza del Poppolo. 40 minute walk to St Peters.
Lovely hotel. Some of the rooms are smaller than others. We were in 3 single rooms. Fantastic powerful shower.

Found the heat in the room challenging at night. Couldn't figure out how to use air con. Temperature had reached 26+ by evening even though it wasn't very warm out (17). Slept with the window open and room cooled down. Didn't ask though how to work the air con so perhaps my own fault.

On checking in, my room stank of stale smoke. I was told all rooms were non smoking rooms so this should not have happened and it was changed immediately. Good service.

On checking out we paid the room tax the night before so we could leave quickly for an early flight. However when returning keys in the morning the person on duty said that 1) tax for an extra night was missing and 2) that our booking was for room only and we needed to pay extra for breakfast. Firstly the person the night before missed this. But secondly our booking - of which we had evidence - was paid in full, and in advance for bed and breakfast. The person on the desk said our booking confirmation was not the right one (though it had all the reservation numbers and explicitly said it was the document for the hotel (via jumbo bookings)). We were told by the gentleman on reception that he would have to personally pay our 20 euro (per person) breakfast bill! We simply paid and left for the airport. It was a pity as we had had a positive experience up til then. All other staff were very friendly and helpful. And breakfast was very good!!! And if there was a mix up on the booking - as the hotel system did seem to have different information to our booking - it could have been handled better. So would we go back again? Maybe. But I'd triple check everything.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Donna Laura Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear "Tara A R",
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us.
First of all we do apologize and we are of course very disheartened that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.
On the other hand we are very sorry to read about this issue about the Breakfast in the morning.
Our aim is that every guest who visits us enjoys their stay as fully and as richly as possible. We trust that should you ever return to Rome, you will consider giving us an opportunity to counter your criticisms by visiting us again. I assure you that my team and I will do our utmost to extend a welcome and a stay that you will remember for the right reasons. Please contact us directly !
We hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.
With best regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I stayed in this hotel whilst attending a conference. It is a good hotel, well located to walk to the historic sites, I had a comfortable room, good wi-fi, good breakfast, a few fitness machines in a room.

Date of stay: February 2017

Dear "Ivor M",
Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay and to have chosen our "Htl Donna Laura Palace" . I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our service, kind assistance and good quality price value.
Your advice and suggestions will be of great help for future guests in order to get more familiar with location, connections and facilities.It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.
The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.
We hope to see you at the Htl Donna Laura Palace again in the future.