“Rome's Hidden Gem !”
Review of Hotel Del Corso

Hotel Del Corso
Ranked #342 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was my fourth visit to Rome and i must say this hotel is by far one of the best in Rome for a number of reasons. The location of this hotel is fantastic and you are so central for all the attractions in Rome. We had a room at the front which overlooks one of the main shopping streets in Rome which was great for people watching at all hours of the day and night. The room was spacious and airy. Everything in it you need. The Hotel is really close to the Spanish steps if you fancy a wee hour sitting in the sun. Restaurants surround the hotel and there is lots and lots of choice, so your not wasting any time looking for somewhere to eat. The staff at the hotel were all lovely, all very friendly and professional. Were always happy to help. The girl in the breakfast room was especially nice, even when she was rushed off her feet. The breakfast in the morning was great and had lots of choice bacon, wee sausages, boiled eggs, croissants, rolls, fruit, cheese and cold ham - everything you could really ask for. Now, if you have been to Rome a few times and done most of the touristy parts and would like a chill i would strongly suggest that you take a few hours of your day to spend on the rooftop terrace. Why? There is a music school somewhere in the streets behind the hotel and every day you can hear the opera singers practising, trumpets, saxophones, pianos being played - it is one of the most wonderful entertaining things i have ever experienced whilst sitting in gorgeous surroundings. I hope you do choose this hotel if you are going to Rome it is definitely one of the BEST.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacquif73
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend your holidays in Rome.
Thank you for the wonderful comment and for the beautiful words written.
I am very pleased that your stay is your total satisfaction and we have helped to make it even more special.
the location of our HOTEL DEL CORSO is also a point of real force in the center of Rome close to all attractions of interest, the most famous restaurants and shops of the major Italian and foreign fashion.
I am very glad that you enjoyed our terrace where guests can spend relaxing moments near the Conservatory of Santa Cecilia, which cheers the days of the Romans from 1862.
Thank you for the compliments guys made ​​the staff as always provide our customers with the highest availability and kindness.
I hope to see you soon in our HOTEL DEL CORSO.
Was a real pleasure had you as our guest.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is in an excellent central location, on one of the main shopping streets, not far from the Spanish steps. Good spot for getting to any of the key tourist areas. A huge choice of very good restaurants are near by which is great after a tiring day! Our room was spacious and clean, breakfast good and the staff could not have been more helpful. Would have liked a tea/coffee maker in the room but other than that everything was very good. Would definitely recommend.

Liz Kitchen

Room Tip: We were lucky we had a nice spacious room on the fornt.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter K
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Mr. Peter,

Many thanks for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend your holidays in Rome.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the room.
Thank you for the compliments for our staff.
Our location is also one of the best in Roma, in the heart of the city close to the all monument, museums reasturants and shops.
I hope to see you for your next vacation in Rome.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel is very nicely located in the center.. I had a junior suite at the top-floor, which didn't cost much extra. It was spacious, clean, and quiet. The hotel is expensive as are most hotels in Rome. For this money, and in a junior suite, you would expect at least a coffee maker and an ironing kit--but no. Instead: lovely flowers. That's also quite nice. Breakfast is o.k., so in all, I liked to stay here very much.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to pass your holidays in Rome.
It is always a pleasure to read good comments.
We are happy that you found the HOTEL DEL CORSO satisfactory and that our services met your needs.
Thank you also for the compliments for our staff.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I found the Hotel Del Corso right here on TripAdvisor and was completely and absolutely satisfied with my choice. I loved the room, the location was right in the middle of all the best Rome has to offer, and the staff was always available to help and make my stay more comfortable. I truly felt as if I was in my home away from home during my week's stay in Rome. I would highly recommend it to other travelers, as well return on my next visit to the city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nina R
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responabile Relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Miss Nina,

Thank you for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend your stay in our beloved Rome.
I am very glad that you have heard a family atmosphere so that we have helped to make your stay more enjoyable.
Thank you for the compliments for all ​​the staff who put as the maximum availability and kindness to the requests of our customers.
I hope that you will find as soon as possible.
Thanks again for everything.

my best wishes.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I think the best selling point of this hotel is its Location. You cant compromise on this.Its bang on the shopping street right opposite the Nike Showroom.. It's one long street filled with shops of all kinds cross roads are filled with small Italian restaurants. One end of the street is Piazza del Popolo and the other end is Piazza Venezia the biggest squares in Rome. From Piazza Venzeia the Colosseum is like a 5-8 min walk.

The only 2 small negative points is that some rooms are stuffy with no ventilation but we requested to change our room on the 3rd day and with the availability they obliged. and the breakfast room in winter is very small to accommodate many people but in summer they have a roof top which solves the problem.

but the staff are very friendly and you could walk to Spanish steps, Trevi fountain and Pantheon in 5-7 mins.

Overall It's definitely a good hotel and I recommend it to everyone. Breakfast is good . Loved the fresh coffee.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sushmeetha S
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsible for relations with the customers at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Customer,
Thank you for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend your holidays in Rome.
I am very happy and satisfied that your stay has been to your liking and that you have enjoyed our services.
Thanks for the compliments to the staff that provides as alwaysfor our guests the maximum availability and kindness.
About the breakfast room the choice of dimensions of the room is to make guests feel even more pampered even further by creating a welcoming atmosphere, private and intimate.
Unfortunately we can not create a cover for our beautiful terrace in Rome because the question of construction is a speech quite complicated especially for historic buildings such as ours which are safeguarded by the imposition of the fine arts.
I hope to see you soon in our HOTEL DEL CORSO.
My Best Regards.