See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2010

This little hotel was recommended to me by my Italian friend. The location was convenient, close to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. The service was very friendly. Few disadvantages: very old antiquated elevator, smallish plain rooms, breakfast was nothing interesting and not much. However, it is very good value with central location, clean, and staff willing to help. Unless you wish to spend 200 euro or so, this is a viable hotel option in Rome. I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We returned on 04/13 from a 3-day stay at the Piccolo. The staff was very nice, especially Patrizia, the day manager. They opened their breakfast room early so we could have coffee and a quick breakfast as we were leaving early on Wed. Patrizia made a deal for the cab and then walked us out to the curb when the cab arrived; at 7 a.m.
The rooms are small, but clean. The bathroom is also small and there is only a hand-held shower hose in the tub. It is not possible to get a cup of tea or anything else there after the breakfast hour. The location, between the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain
is great. This hotel does not have a lobby.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank larrchar
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I arrived in Rome and the first man who was working in the hotel was very accomodating since I didnt have my reservation number as my friend was coming to Rome a bit later that day and he had all the details. He then showed me the room and told me it was a single but if I was happy with the size we could stay there as it did have a double bed. Although the room was tiny and the bathroom very small we were happy enough to stay in it. Anyway, The second night we came home after dinner around midnight and were met by the night staff who was rude, arrogant and aggressive when he attacked us saying that he didnt have my document on file and that I would not be able to stay there that night without paying a suppliment for the room. The document and suppliment were not an issue, it was his aggressive attitude towards his guests!! He even said "for all I know you could be a P".....(then paused thought about it and said "a bad person". He aggresively told us that we had taken total advantage of staying in a single room. I told him his colleague had obviously made the mistake by not asking me for the extra or my passport and that it certainly was not our fault. He was grinding his teath with the anger. We demanded to speak to the hotel manager, so he called someone and spoke to him and never handed me the phone saying the Manager refused to speak to me. This is customer service?? After a big discussion I gave him my Irish Passport and the extra money and the next day I spoke to the first guy, who laughed it off and said that it was just this guys CHARACTER!! And we got no apology whatsoever for how we had been treated. This hotel is located on Piazza di Spagna and you would think that the staff would be trained in hospitality even if it is a three star hotel. The guy who works night shift was a nasty, angry and ignorant man who should not be working in this industry and he ruined our stay in Rome. I would NOT recommend staying at that hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sarahope
Reviewed 29 August 2008

I spent one night in this hotel and I found it "perfect" for my needs....a small, sweet, clean and very good located hotel in Rome.
If you don't want a 5 star, overcrowded, international hotel this is the perfect choice! The location is amazing (3 minutes walk from Spagna metro station), the staff was very kind, it looked like to stay in a friend's house, not in an hotel!
If you are a "real traveler" that want to taste "the atmospheres" of the towns you visit, this is your choice.
If you need crowded swimmingpools, ballrooms, restaurants and so on....forget it!!

I already reccomend it to my friends!

Manuel

(Thailand)

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Eurasian_Traveler
Reviewed 21 October 2007

We decided to stay at this hotel for one night because of the reviews on trip advisor and the photos on the hotel's internet site,

So, We learnt a lesson. Never to get carried away by reviews and never to believe what you see on websites.

It was our upteenth time to Rome but this hotel ranked as one of the worst I have ever been to in my life (supposedly 3 star).

The room was miniscule and run down. I therefore immediately went downstairs to complain we were given another room which was slightly better but still terrible.

My wife and I therefore decided to leave. The person at the desk told us we were free to go (I started to believe I was in prison) but had to pay!! We argued and finally left.

Do yourselves a favour stay away.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple