“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Primavera

Hotel Primavera
Ranked #531 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Inexpensive and adequate by Rome standards. Absolutely great location between Navona and Campo de Fiore. It could be cleaner; we asked for and did not get a shower to be cleaned. The street noise may be difficult for people not used to cities, especially Italian cities. We would spend a few more euros elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mfm304
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel Primavera with another family with young children, and thought we got good value for money, in an excellent location. This is an older hotel, in a residential apartment building, with small bathrooms (yes, there was some mold in ours) but airy bedrooms. The location was SUPERB - between Piazza Novona and Campo Di Fiori, with easy access to many of the main bus lines we needed to get around, and walking distance from fantastic eateries all around. The Pantheon is only 5 min. walk. We could even walk to the Forum and Colosseum. The breakfast was basic 'Italian style" - coffee or tea, bread, butter, jam. Vittorio will most likely offer you a jug of americano coffee, but I found out (on our last day there!) that he has an espresso machine as well. The streets around the hotel are quite noisy at night and early in the morning, so keep your windows closed if you don't like to be bothered by the noise.

TIP - there is an old guy who cooks and sells delicious corn on the cob in the piazza right in front of the hotel. He adds some butter, salt, spicy spices (upon request) and lemon juice. Delicious! You MUST try it! He only works at night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank dcdgjd
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Recently visited Rome for pleasure and really enjoyed my vacation. I stayed at the Hotel Primavera located south of Piazza Navona and right beside Camp di Fiori which I thought was the most centrally situated location within walking distance to all the main attractions and sites. The hotel staff were superb and the hotel was good as well. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2008

I was told by a friend NOT to book a hotel in February in Rome, it was not considered "high" season then, and I had no problem finding hotels on the day of, especially I was traveling alone and only staying in Rome for 4 days.

It was easy for me to find this hotel from the airport, I took the bus and it is close to a lot of major attractions, including the Palazzo Giustizi, walking distance to the Ponte Sisto, en route to the Vatican City.

The staff Gabriel and an older woman were friendly and professional, I lost my luggage the first night and they let me used their phone until the airline was able to deliver my luggage.

I paid 35 euro per night for 4 nights. On my last night they even upgraded me to a bigger room.

• Liked — location!
  • Disliked — small
  • Stayed February 2005, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank funtnt
Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2007

This would have to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms and especially the towels were filthy (and they weren't changed during our 4 day stay) , the toilet smelt disgusting, and the service was horrendous.

You normally pay an extra €5 per day for the use of air conditioning. That's fine except when I booked the hotel they agreed to include that in the price. When I went to check out the old woman working there refused to return my passport because she said I had to pay the €5 per day. She accused me of lying when I said it was included. When her grandson arrived he confirmed what I had said and she didn't even bother to apologise. I almost missed my train because of her.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The service and lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank destinationeu

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels