“the place for good food”
Review of Da Domenico

Da Domenico
Ranked #3,358 of 13,876 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

In my department of food, small unique family cooked food is ranked top over serviced oriented restaurant because i go for food for my soul and belly rather than to be seen and to see in a scene

Like his bro's restaurant in HK, only acquainted customers would appreciate the atmosphere and good as this is not big commercial operation but just family owned restaurant serving authentic good food

This was my 2nd visit in 2 years in rome one, My wife and i walked in at 1:40pm
only two table left

All dishes were fantastic and delicious

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Menu was by handwritten! Salad was very nice, pan fried cheese was very crispy,grilled octopus yummy, the must try dish was the Shirmp pas

Thank tigerboywong .
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

this is a very traditional restaurant. the red shrimp pasta was excellent. I already wanted to eat again as soon as I leave the restaurant. you can ask the owner to recommend something off menu. Octopus was good. Saw some review saying this restaurant is expensive. Considered the location and food quality, I can accept. I will definitely go again if I am in Rome.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

My lunch at Da Domenico was rather mediocre. I won't go into any details about the atmosphere and the service - both were pretty average for a Roman restaurant - and will focus on the food instead. My pasta was at least three minutes shy of being "al dente" and stuck to my teeth like plasticine. I did not make any fuss about it and just left my plate barely touched. The waiter just whisked it away and never asked why I didn't even start it let alone finish it. The bread was a bit stale too, which makes the overall experience a bit disappointing. Verdict: not worth it...

1  Thank Ponomarev A
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We had Da Domenico recommended by the host of our apartment. We initially visited on a Tuesday night and were told the restaurant was full and had to make a reservation despite there being some free tables. We reserved a table and returned the night after on the Wednesday.

Upon returning the restaurant was much emptier, we weren't asked for our reservation but were glad to get a table.

I should say, I rate a restaurant with the experience as much as the food. Unfortunately DD offered neither.

The evening started with a hand written Italian menu, our Italian is limited but the handwriting was almost illegible, no English translation (which is fine) we asked the waiter to translate. He translated parts of the menu very quickly, which made making a choice very tricky. He was not very forthcoming when we asked him to repeat items on the menu.

I saw mussels on another table which he hadn't mentioned. I asked for them and proceeded to order a pasta and a lamb special that he detailed (not wanting to ask for further repetition).

Waiter returned stating only half a portion of mussels was now left - not wanting to ask the staters be translated again we said we'd take them and focus on mains.

Mussels delivered with 9 small shells!

I joked, I bet the lamb special was lamb only, no frills. See picture. Lamb over grilled, fatty with poor butchery. A 17 Euro special - this place is not cheap or good value.

I think my face said it all as when we asked for the bill the wine wasn't billed (one glass). Still, the food consumed meant a trip to the pizza shop to stave the hunger was in order on the way home.

1  Thank RossL573