“Good location; an experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Casa di Santa Brigida
Ranked #551 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
“Good location; an experience”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

You are safe here. It was a memorable experience staying at Santa Brigita in a good location. The garden top was beautiful and a must see, but I did have to make arrangments in advance to go there at dawn. Sister corrected my Italian, which I appreciated and made me smile - just like my Catholic School days.

I went to Mass in the beautiful chapel. Lovely place.

We were not in the convent most of the time, but you do feel a bit confined; (like you are in a convent)! I guess that's to be expected. It is exciting when you think that you are staying in a building from the 13 century where St. Bridget lived.

Plan ahead to book a room, see St. Bridget's room, go on the beautiful rooftop, go to Mass with the nuns if you are so inclined.

Room Tip: Plan in advance
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank groovin087
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The Casa di Santa Brigida is a tranquil, meticulously clean and relaxing place to stay in the historic heart of bustling Rome. I recently stayed there over 8 nights with two girlfriends and we were keen to stay at the Casa firstly, because it had been recommended to us and because we liked the idea of a tranquil environment which would allow us a small glimpse of the life of the Sisters of this Order. (I am not a Catholic and in fact, had never met a nun before so I was not sure what to expect, but I was delighted to be welcomed by the Sisters into their environment and during the course of our stay to have some nice exchanges with the Sisters who could speak English).

The fact that you are reading this review and you are interested in this type of accommodation would indicate to me that you are seeking an environment that is not offered in mainstream hotels, so I will not take up space to offer any comparison.

The location of the Casa is perfect, right on the Piazza Farnese, one minute away from the Campo di Fiori and within close walking distance of the key sights of Rome. In addition to the main bus routes, a number of small electric bus routes service the Centro Storico of Rome and there is a very convenient stop immediately outside the Casa.

The Casa is peaceful, calm, very secure and meticulously clean. The three of us each had a delightful single room with a bathroom. My lovely sun-drenched room overlooked the Piazza Farnese with its two lovely fountains and the Palazzo Farnese. It was a pleasure to throw open my double glazed windows and hear the lovely sound of the water flowing in the fountains.

Buffet breakfast is included in the accommodation price and if you wish you can also arrange to have lunch and dinner at the Casa. There is a television room on one of the floors, but we did not go there.

The delightful roof-top garden has a lovely 360 degree view across the rooftops of Rome and across the expanse of the beautiful Piazza Farnese. A lovely place to be at dusk and we spent many an evening there just talking and laughing quietly and relaxing.

I noted that some reviewers have expressed the opinion that they feel the Casa is a little expensive for a convent. I find this a strange comment as all places offering accommodation do have similar overheads. I firmly believe that there are some things in life that you cannot put a dollar figure on. One of these is the warm and genuine welcome of the Sisters at the Casa Santa di Santa Brigida!

When I next visit Rome I will be travelling alone and will be returing to the Casa. I cannot think of a more perfect place to stay for a single traveller who wants friendly, secure and caring accommodation. The delightful Sisters will welcome you warmly.

Room Tip: My friends' rooms were on the side of the Casa and they said that they were woken at times durin...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank deRohan
All Over
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This convent was a god-send in Rome. It is in an extrememly convenient location. I walked everywhere. The convent is on the beautiful Piazza Farnese which is right up against the Campo Di'Fiori with its beautiful flower market. Every night I did the "night walk" from the Campo Di'Fiori to the Piazza Navona, to the Pantheon, to the Trevi Fountain to the Spanish Steps. It was so beautiful and romantic!

The sisters are reserved, but very nice. I tried to be very respectful and friendly, and they were always very helpful in answering any questions I had. If you want internet, make sure to request it before you are given your room. Some rooms do not have internet access. The access is provided through an ethernet cable. My room also had excellent A/C.

The roof-top is beautiful and a nice place to relax. The convent also has nice sitting rooms, a library and a tv room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank twee2822
greenwich ct
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was our 4th time staying at this hotel. Though we have been to Rome almost ever other year since 97, once we found this, we book it each time. For us it is more home away from home and a guest house than a hotel. The sisters are quiet because they are semi cloistered, so service is gentle. No need for tips just offer a gracious thank you or not, yet you become one remembered in their daily prayers. Their roof top terrace is lovely with a view of the city, and great place for a hot evening away from it all. The library is gorgeous. Tiny nooks containing antiques are available for sitting. The public is invited to attend prayer services, and one can request a tour of the private rooms of Saint Brigitta. The location is perfect for day sightseeing and evening strolling, close to everything. A few evenings can be a bit noisy in the summer since it is next to the French Embassy and right on the piazza Farnese where groups gather for events, which many of them were interesting to watch from the roof. But that is Rome. I plan to be there again in October if they have room. I can agree the price per room seems high if it is compared to a guest house run by a religious order, but compared to a hotel it is a bargain. And the location can't be beat for the price, not to mention the safe area if traveling alone.

Room Tip: Book early since many are repeat travelers. Other than one room, they are all lovely.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank drshields
Eagan
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My sister, daughter and I stayed in two rooms for three nights. Lovely refuge in the middle of the busy city. This was a great location within walking distance to every place we wanted to go but we also bused quite a bit because they are so easily available. Room was immaculate and while the bathroom was small it also was very clean and perfectly functional. Nuns were very hospitable and available as needed to answer questions, arrange taxi, pay bill, etc. We had an AC in both of our rooms which was also much appreciated.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family