River Palace Hotel
US$ 239
US$ 215
NH Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel President(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 164
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 79
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 108/night.

B&B Calamatta(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 97
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Papa Germano(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
US$ 67
Priceline
US$ 589
US$ 369
Priceline
2,622 results
All reviewshalf price drinkspiazza del popolospanish stepsfree bar snacksflaminio metro stationdeluxe roomwithin walking distancerooms are smallpastriesturn down serviceevery eveningclassic roomtrevi fountainan upgradelovely hotelhotel barfirst floor
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The staff is very accommodating, starting with the bellboy/concierge (two brothers from Ecuador who made great suggestions and helped us to enjoy every minute and tips on how to save some euros). I was so happy to see that the lobby restroom had a bidet (what a refreshing touch). We had a room overlooking Via Flaminia. It’s a great location for transportation, easy connects to Termini and other metro lines. The tram starts and ends there too. The breakfast was fabulous, the two computers were in a nice spacious area, free wi-fi is also very convenient. The room had a decent size -we had a standard room -.They do need to upgrade the faucets, bathrooms. I was afraid it would have a musty smell because of the carpet but it didn’t and the windows open so we enjoyed fresh air. I don’t think there is a bad location in Rome, everywhere you go there is something great to see. I also liked the fact that the location is not cramped full of tourists. I could not stay near the Spanish Steps nor Fontana de Trevi as they are so crowded – go take a picture and run away. We also stayed at hotel Rinascimiento (near Campo de Fiori) and enjoyed both locations.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bellemex
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had 5 nights in River Palace this place is a little gem could not fault it.Location all within walking distance of all places to see.Breackfast supurb,Rooms very good,Staff very helpfull would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: we had a room on the front had no problem sleeping
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank parcseymour
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and i stayed here recently and would highly recommend it.we booked a classic double room which was a little small but nice and cosy and spotlessly clean.we were shown a superior room and a deluxe room but for the extra cost and not a lot of extra space we stuck to original classic room.nice and quiet at night and warm.a nice place to return to after a long day exploring all the sights.a great location right beside metro and within 20 minutes walk of all major attractions.lovely breakfast.lots of variety to choose from.very friendly staff and helpful.highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank anthony08111
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have used Trip Advisor several times when travelling to Europe and all times have not been disappointed in the results. My first trip to Italy was not an exception. The reviews of the River Palace were dead on accurate. I looked for a good location as my wife and I were planning to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The River Palace is located within a short 2 minute walk to one of the oldest churches in Rome - Piazza del Popolo, in one of Rome's most vibrant piazzas.
Just off of the Piazza del Popolo is Villa Boghese a large landscape garden in the naturalistic English manner in Rome, containing a number of buildings, museums (see Galleria Borghese) and attractions. It is the second largest public park in Rome.
Also close are the Spanish Steps and believe it or not - The Vatican! Well it was a good walk but what the heck - my wife and I like the exercise. The hotel staff was very helpful in advice for the tours we desired most - The Coliseum, St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Tomb. Our room was a bit small but luxurious!
I would go back to the River Palace in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank finsterErie_PA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The River Palace is a lovely hotel. It's in a great location close to bars, restaurants and transport links but also within easy walking distance of the main attractions. The staff are very friendly and the hotel has a relaxed informal feel about it, whilst at the same time offering very high standards of service. The bedrooms and communal areas are well maintained and immaculately clean. If I had one minor criticism is has to be the size of our room, although I think we were a bit unlucky as other rooms on the same floor appeared to be bigger. We had a deluxe room but it was still fairly small and had a rather quirky layout with stairs down to the bathroom. It was very well equipped though and had a large comfy bed and lots of little extras. As other reviewers have said 'happy hour' is a perfect start to the evening and not to be missed. Breakfast choice is also very good and the buffet is constantly replenished. Overall the River Palace was a great choice in one of our favourite cities and we will definitely be back for another visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple