“Bravi!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #275 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 22 - US$ 54
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Testaccio
Rome
“Bravi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

As far as sushi in Rome is concerned this is my best place so far. Though the fact that it is very reasonable comes into the picture, the sushi is excellent, I find, and it is served with a familiar, though competent touch which I really liked. They were both helpful and thoughtful, proposed dishes and just got it right. The nigiris, though good, are actually the least interesting things, as compared with the rolls and the excellent gunkans, of which the spicy tuna is my favorite. The decor leaves something to be desired ambiance-wise, but that too is probably very Japanese. The surprise comes at the end with the bill, which is always very reasonable in relation to the food. It gets my full marks.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Tampere, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just a normal quality :)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I just went there 2 days ago after reading a lot of good reviews for this restaurant! I agree that the staffs are super polite and very friendly but the sushi is not that good! Maybe it is the best in Rome because there are not so many Japanese there in Rome but after having tried sushi in many countries like: Vietnam, Finland, Germany, Hungary,etc I think the sushi here is not so good :D ! You will have to walk a little bit far to get there but If u want to escape for a short time from a noisy Rome with too many tourists ans you are so tired of pizza and pasta, Its worth a try :D!

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“The best service in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

We decided to try Sakana as they were highly recommended here. Unlike couple of other restaurants we tried during our stay in Rome, Sakana was pleasant surprise what becomes to the service. The staff was very polite and helpful. The quality and taste of Sushi was perfect and I would rate them high to my top sushi restaurants around the world.

• Visited April 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Excellent Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

We went to Sakana last night with another couple and had the most original sushi we've had in Rome. After having been to numerous Japanese restaurants throughout Rome, we were pleased to learn that Sakana offered a avriety of dishes that I had never seen in other Roman sushi places. As a New Yorker, I'm accustomed to great sushi, but Rome's usual restaurants tend to offer the same things over and over again...that is...until we got to Sakana. We started with a bite-sized salmon roll topped with a quail egg>delicious! Then we had the Takoyaki>superb! We also had fish dumplings and double crab rolls which were good but nothing amazing. The Hamachi with sweet miso glaze was excellent! The Red Hot Double Salmon Roll was quite good and so were the desserts. If you're tired of the same old sushi, try Sakana for a refreshing experience.

The decor is nothing great and I hope they redecorate soon but the staff was amazing. Our friends were late and so they offered us a prosecco as we waited. They were also very helpful throughout the evening. They even offered us some Sake at the end of the meal. The 'Let Down' review sounds a bit suspicious to me. If the food and the service remain at this level, then Sakuna is definitely worth the try.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Nanaimo, Canada
“A Great Find in Rome!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My partner and I went to this restaurant last night for dinner. We missed our sushi after a week in Rome with pasta and pizza everyday. We read the reviews here, went quite a ways off the beaten path to find it, but t was worth it! The fish was fresh, the rolls were very well done and displayed. The staff was amazingly friendly considering they spoke almost no English and we speak almost no Italian! An adventure but so worth it!!!

• Visited April 2012