“Excellent appartment and location for the Vatican”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa Patrizia

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
fold-out bed in separate room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
benjyk
East Sussex
“Excellent appartment and location for the Vatican”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

I agree with all previous comments, so won't repeat too much. The appartment in fully equipt and everything seems to have been thought of. I could have arrived with just clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste. We travelled to Fiumicino airport and took the train to Stazione San Pietro which is situatied at the top of the road, so an easy transfer (you do need to change train). Cost was around 8 Euros each for a 30 minute journey.
We were met by Patrizias son who has perfect English. He showed us around the appartment and gave us the keys.
The appartment is on the 4th floor and is serviced by a small lift. There is a small shop nearby selling fresh fruit and veg; plus a Carre Four at the top of the parallel road should you want to do a larger more specific shop.
This appartment is literally less than 5 minutes walk from the Vatican and so ideally situated if you want to see the Pope at midday on Sunday. We left early, arriving in St Peters Square at around 09.00. On the day that we went, we could have arrived at 10.30 and still got a reasonable spot.Turn right at the garage for the underpass - this does cut walking time down to St Peters. We arrived in the appartment at around 2pm and decided to look around the immediate area and ended up at the Cistine chapel avoiding all queues. We arrived at the entrance at 3.40 and walked straight in (admissions stop at 4.00). Queues for The Colosseum and St Peter Bastillica are inevitable - but in our experience, they moved quickly so don't be put off.
For info - a printed bus timetable does not exist. We spent a few hours on Saturday finding this out. It does make the whole travelling by bus a little hit and miss - but we bought a map of public transport from the Toursist Infomation near the colosseum from which we were able to work out what busses serviced each site, but not necessarily where the bus stops were. The number 64 goes from the station at the top of the road. This ends at Termini from where you can get any bus to any location. Bus tickets need to be bought in advance at a cost of 1.5 Euro per journey or 6 Euros a day (can be used on metro too)
The only restaurant we ate at in the area was Camedda in Via delle Fornaci - very pleasant service and lovely food.
I would have no hesitation at recommending this appartment to friends and family

Liked best: Appartment and location
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Home from Home in Rome”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Researched lots of apartments before contacting Patrizia . Our research paid off as the apartment was spotless,ideally located for visiting the Vatican and great value for money. We stayed for a week and found the facilities in the apartment to be excellent,Patrizia had thought of everything and we felt very much at home. The apartment is located in a gated complex set off the main street and was very quiet ,secure and safe. Patrizia and her family live in the adjoining apartment but they give you your own space and do not intrude in any way.In fact it was reassuring to know that they were close by if you needed assistance/advice. My husband is 6ft 3 and was delighted to have a king-size bed which we both found to be really comfortable.
We would recommend the pastry shop next door and the deli/bakery further down the street. The supermarket recommended by Patrizia was 4 mins walk away ,well stocked and competitively priced.
We travelled from Da Vinci airport both by bus and local train ,we would highly recommend that you travel by the local train as it is quicker, very economical and by far the most comfortable way to reach San Pietro station /airport as you do not have to contend with the city traffic. The route we used was San Pietro station to Trastevere(1 euro) then change for Da Vinci(7 euro)-Well signposted in the stations so very easy to find your way when you change trains.

We really enjoyed our visit to Rome and are making plans already to return. Ciao

TIP When walking to the Vatican/Metro take the right fork at the garage, go past the florists and after passing the bar/pizzeria on the left you will see the underpass directly ahead - it is quicker and you don't have to cross a very busy road.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfort,location and price
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
Mexico
Reviewed 17 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
joymdhobb...
Miami Springs, Florida
“Absolute Perfection”
Reviewed 23 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

This was my first time staying in an apartment while in Rome, and what a great experience! Patrizia and I were in touch prior to my arrival and I could sense her caring personality through her emails. She took care of all my concerns/questions before I even arrived! She and her son, Aureliano (who speaks English) were on the sidewalk waiting for me with the key and helped me get settled in the apartment. My first impression of the apt was that it was SPOTLESS! Patrizia thought of everything and the apt comes complete with anything a person could possibly need. Patrizia was so kind as to include a very thoughtful gift basket with the special foods I needed for my dietary restrictions and the fresh flowers throughout the apt were a detail that made me feel immediately at home. Being a 56 year old woman traveling alone, I had concerns about safety, but I soon realized the neighborhood was the perfect location and I ALWAYS felt safe and secure. Patrizia and her husband, Mauro, are right next door, which is an added bonus and made me feel so welcome. It is a 5 minute walk to the Vatican and then another 10 minutes to get into the center of Rome. Everything about Casa Patrizia exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to come back. I wish I could award this apartment 6 stars instead of only the 5 that are allowed. Yes, it was THAT good!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: That I had to leave.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
MagalanaS...
San Jose, California
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 4 July 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

Casa Patrizia was just what we needed after a long trans-atlantic flight. The house smelled of lavenders and there were fresh flowers everywhere which made us very welcome. Although Patrizia didn't speak much English, you could feel her warmth through her gestures and actions. She left two bottles of wine, pasta, cookies, etc and told us to let us know if we needed more! This is mainly what makes it a special place. The effort that Patrizia puts into making you feel like her personal guests rather than renters.

The house was only 5 minutes to the Vatican and 20 minutes to Piazza Navonna, Campo dei Fiori, etc. Rome is a city that is better explored on foot, and the house is cozy place to go home to after of day of exploring.

Thank you so much Patrizia and Mauro for your hospitality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The personal touch: Flowers, food, proximity to owners (next door).
Liked least: No living room; a small sofa would be better than the two chairs in the bedroom.
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing