“Great Hotel”

Love this Hotel for 3 main reasons –
1 -Near the Train terminal
2 - Friendly and helpful staff
3 – Great price for Rome
I love the location and the bathroom was big and very nice. A bit hard to find if you don’t have a map or you are just looking for their sign. With you map easy to find. Loved Rome.
The air conditioner was a bit undersized but it was unusually hot for Rome – I would defiantly go back to this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in June and we were very happy with the hotel, with the service. We have a quad room, the room is not big, but it is nice and very clean. The include breakfast was very good. The location is excellent, we walked from the Termini station to the hotel. The staff has helped me to get a taxi to the airport, we appreciated it. I would return to hotel Aberdeen if I ever go to Rome again.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

My family stayed here four nights in June 2012. It's a "Rick Steves" recommendation. On the plus side, that means it's reasonably priced, clean, in a good location, and isn't a "business-class" hotel. On the slightly minus side is that it means lots of Americans. But the Americans who stay in Rick Steves hotels aren't the kind of Americans who complain about the food, the difficulty of finding American essentials, or the fact that no one speaks English - all that we experienced at the Rome Airport Hilton when our flight back to the US was cancelled.

The positives of the hotel are clearly noted in other reviews, most of which I agree with fully.

It's a bit far from the "attractions" of Rome, especially when the summer heat sets in, like it did when we were there. We were initially okay with that because it's only a block or two from a Metro stop. The thing we didn't fully appreciate is that Rome's metro is fairly spartan for a city so large, and there are no Metro stops in the center of the old part of Rome. You can take the metro to the Vatican and the Coliseum, but not, for example, Piazza Navona. And even the clerk at the hotel warned us about the buses that would be the obvious option in lieu of the metro (Rick Steves did as well) - pickpockets and groping. For us, the price was right, especially for a family room. But if price is not so much an issue, I could see how a place closer to the heart of the city might work better, especially for families with small children.

The only other caveat is that in the heat of summer the air conditioning, at least in the room we stayed in, was okay but not great. We live in the south, so we're used to heat. It's supposed to be 105 one day this week at home. But we're also used to having an A/C respite from the heat, especially on summer nights. I know this is such an "American" complaint and my Rick Steves merit badge should be yanked out of my hands. But when when you're used to having good A/C to take the edge off a hot summer day, and used to sleeping with good A/C, it can make for a restless night. Just want to be honest.

5  Thank tamjm
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My sister, sister in law and I stayed in this hotel the last 3 evening while we were in Italy. We really appreciated the help from the desk and the clean room. Breakfast was very good also. It meant a great deal to us being able to gett good suggestions on where to eat, how to connect with the bus where one gets off and on. The tour to the Vatican was already taken care of before we arrived for my sister and sister in law. The shops close by and a good wine store were super. I would stay here again if I traveled to Rome. Everyone in the hotel was very nice.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights (June 7 to June14 , 2012). The location is excellent. Nearly all the sights and services are within walking distance.The room (12) was clean , elegant and comfortable. Breakfast and service very good. Staff at the reception very friendly and helpful. Many thanks to all .In general very good price@quality choice. Book it.

A small problem with the elevator.It is outside the reception.Somebody must go up the stairs to open, from inside,the door into the rooms corridor,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends