“Great location ”
Review of Hotel Papa Germano

Hotel Papa Germano
Ranked #440 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Basic but clean room in great location. Short walk to central Roma Termini train and bus station, which is also where the airport express train leaves/arrives and a stop for all of the tourist hop on hop off busses. Walking distance to a lot of the main tourist attractions. The room had aircon and was reasonably spacious (we had a triple room), but didn't have a lift.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bryan J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

A basic but clean hostel, staff very helpful when giving advice on where to go/what to do. Hostel was quiet, secure and located well. Don't come here for a party, this is a relaxing hostel! Thanks Papa Germano!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Let's start off by praising the affordable price this lovely hotel has to offer! Given the good price I wasn't expecting much but this hotel blew my mind away! Absolutely lovely staff, beautiful clean rooms with good amenities and complimentary Wifi! I had read that a lot of hotels near Termini suffer from loud street noises at night, but I was positively surprised how quiet it was (quiet as far as being in a busy city goes, naturally there were noises). I will certainly recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family who want a budget safe stay in Rome! Only thing I would mention is that there is not an elevator in the hotel, so please take that into account when booking your stay!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julia N
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I had a problem with Agoda where I booked this through, they repeatedly GUARANTEED that the city tax was included (I explicitly asked as some said it wasn't for other rooms for this hotel but this one said it was!) for my party of 4 when I prepaid and they assisted me with booking it only to arrive there and have an extra 72 euros to pay! The staff (Hannah) was especially patient and did not get all huffy or anything with my dilemma. I went ahead and paid it but am going to contest that charge w/my cc as I took screenshots of the info when I booked it for back up. Agoda was no help and said I was mistaken,,, yeah good thing I have the screen shots! I liked that there was a Bakery around the corner and an Espresso Bar a few doors down that same street. We got Cappuccinos & fresh pastries for about $1.75 per person each morning and some delish pizza/tomato pies from the Bakery! EXCELLENT location (a few blocks from the Terminal), thorough cleaning of room w/fresh white clean towels daily. Much better value than the places with "free" breakfast that are blah! I would rather get exactly what I like for a fraction of the price around the corner! The whole staff right down to the cleaning lady were A++ I took off one star for the spotty internet connection. Beds were comfy, hot water never ran out, a few nights noisy guests woke us up but that can happen anywhere. If we ever go back to Rome I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The quad room w/private bath temp couldn't be lowered so we opened the window (it was cold out...