1,596 results
All reviews termini station terrace bar small balcony superior room family room recommend this hotel breakfast room lovely hotel pastries quiet area convenient location breakfast was excellent great shower hop on hop third floor fiumicino airport the air conditioning
Reviewed 4 March 2010

The rooms are nice to look at but there are annoying flaws. The shower ran out over the bathroom every morning because it is a walk-in shower with no barrier to keep the water in the shower. There isn''t anywhere to hang your bath towel so we draped them over the sink. The room was cleaned very well every day and all the towels were replaced. They could have skipped replacing the towels if only there was a big enough towel bar or hook to hang the towels to dry. No in room coffee service or kettle! Cheap mini bar that always had a layer of water in the bottom of it. Had one incredibly rude front desk person because we didn''t want to leave our passports with the hotel for our entire visit in Rome. I''ll leave my passport with a family run B&B or a privately run hotel but not with a larger hotel that just sticks them in an unlocked drawer behind the front desk. The hotel wasn''t horrible, the beds were comfy, the rooms were cleaned well and the price was decent but we wouldn''t stay again. The location was convenient because we walked there from the train station. Stay away from the restuarants on the square by the hotel because they charged 14 euro for two espressos and two tarts, you could relax at any of the other famous squares in Rome with 14 euro coffees and a historic view.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

After reading the positive reviews on this site I tried this hotel in central Rome. The rooms were clean (quite small though), price reasonable (90 eur a night) and location good, I wasn't impressed with the service. They forgot to wake me up at the time I asked, then failed to apologise, ordering a taxi was a trouble, getting coffee at the breakfast table took 20 minutes, the overall attitude of the front staff was not too positive. And the funny thing was that using internet in your room cost you mone, and they never said that while checking in.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Elegant cosy hotel. Good location near subway entrances and railway station, but also duable to walk around on foot to the city center. Nice rooms will garantee you a good night sleep! Charming breakfast room, even though it didnt have windows! This hotel is well worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Decent hotel altogether but not the 4-stars that it claims on some sites. Room was small, bathroom facilities were ok. Were there during a cold & wet week in December and the heating wasn't able to keep it warm enough for clothes to dry, with the balconies it's a better hotel to go to in summer Depressing breakfast room without windows and smallest elevator (with its own peculiar noises) ever!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Myself and my partner stayed here as a pre-valentine treat on our way back from a business trip. I researched long and hard for a 4 star hotel near the train station and i finally settled on Hotel Alpi and i got a good rate through Venere.com. The room was small but the bathroom was large so that made up for it. We didn't request a jacuzzi bath and actually would have preferred a room with a shower. However we decide it would do and after settling into our room i decided to try out the bath - firstly the heating in the bathroom was off and then the jacuzzi element didn't work. I didn't ring down to report it as my husband was sleeping and I didn't want people coming into our room at that stage. We had previously had a gin & tonic in the bar and the tonic was flat. I did however report it on check out the next morning and all i got was an apology. I wouldn't stay here again as it is not up to 4 star standard - these rooms should be checked before someone moves into them and when things are not up to standard a discount at least should be offered but not the case here.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple